Cullies Farm

smallclaas

believe me bulls can be WICKED!!!

I have see this at first hand!!! I was talking the dairy cows in one evening for milking and the friesan (spelling) bull is normally quiet, but for some reason he decided to turn on me, head down and feet digging and went for me, luckily i was on a quad and managed to get away. That scared the hell out of me!!! Happy to say i got the last laugh though, a few days later a lovely big lorry came for him and the last i heard he was made into burgers ha ha!

Its shows you can NEVER trust a bull!!!

I generally avoid bulls on my clients' farms.

One day I had a telephone call from a passing driver to say one of the youngsters in the field opposite the office had a polythene bag over its nose.  There was no one else on farm at that time so I rushed outside and checked the lying animals for nose rings and the standing ones for dangly bits that weren't udders.  Nothing visible so off I went up the field and found the youngster with the polythene bag - fortunately heavy duty plastic and not a carrier bag -which I retrieved and returned to the gate, still looking at all the mature animals as I went.  One very large black cow gave me the usual big brown-eyed stare while chewing cud and watched me walk past and down to the gate.

The following week I was informed that the bull had lost his ring months before.  Yes it was the big, black, cud-chewing, brown-eyed, starer.  They say ignorance is bliss...!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally avoid bulls on my clients' farms.

One day I had a telephone call from a passing driver to say one of the youngsters in the field opposite the office had a polythene bag over its nose.  There was no one else on farm at that time so I rushed outside and checked the lying animals for nose rings and the standing ones for dangly bits that weren't udders.  Nothing visible so off I went up the field and found the youngster with the polythene bag - fortunately heavy duty plastic and not a carrier bag -which I retrieved and returned to the gate, still looking at all the mature animals as I went.  One very large black cow gave me the usual big brown-eyed stare while chewing cud and watched me walk past and down to the gate.

The following week I was informed that the bull had lost his ring months before.  Yes it was the big, black, cud-chewing, brown-eyed, starer.  They say ignorance is bliss...!

Didn't you notice his big broad shoulders and dangley bits ???:o

I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time someone has made that mistake ;);D

what lying on thier dangley bits  :D :D :D :D :D :D

i am always getting the farm jobs at work due to my connections, a lot of the guys seem scared of cattle for some reason, bulls arethe only ones i am wary of i must confess

The bull in question was an Angus and I was told he is so placid I could have walked over him.  Nonetheless I tend to be wary of all bulls.  Angus are generally fairly quiet except for one in a local farm who is/was bad news for the dairyman who looked after him!

I am starting a layout in my loft have you guys who have layouts in the lofts laid them on the floor of built it on tables lifting it up.

i was thinking of having it on legs ,so I could use underneath for storage of boxes etc

what sizes are yours

My area is about 20ft x 8 ft but may do a smaller area to start with.

I am going to convert my tractor room into display shelves and completley move the layout up to the loft and make it much larger.

I hope to start a new topic like yours as I go through the builds

thanks for the vision guys

Mike

I am starting a layout in my loft have you guys who have layouts in the lofts laid them on the floor of built it on tables lifting it up.

i was thinking of having it on legs ,so I could use underneath for storage of boxes etc

what sizes are yours

I am going to convert my tractor room into display shelves and completley move the layout up to the loft and make it much larger.

Mike

mine started on the floor at first, but i ran out of space so i raised it up about 3/4 of a m or so ,so it basicly sits between the rafters and the supports, has givern me at least 3 times the origonal area with no storage loss

what sizes are yours

Mike

Mike I built my layout on the floor of the loft. I used 4x4 timbers to raise it off the floor and then built the layout on chipboard for the yard and field surfaces. I'm going to be doing a little more landscaping soon so you'll see how I built it. Best of luck with the build Mike, looking forward to seeing it moving along ;)

• 4 weeks later...

[glow=red,2,300]Finished yet Mate  [/glow] ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Now you know that aint gona happen      It's only been 3 months ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

He didn't actually say which 2 months it would be completed   

My guess is Dec/Jan        2010  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'll be back soon work for some reason over the last few weeks has been hetic to much news at the mo. I haven't been on here in a month now nearly. ;) By the way you'll be able to see what i've been upto at work. to nice stories are beibg aired on RTE Nationwide on October 17th about farm machinery that's all I'll say for now ;)

Archived