ertl jd plough city

not the best pics but its a bit hard to get them when its fixed and staying that way in the box

overall a very nice model, loads of good detail, inc cab interior, and rear end, looks very well put together to, cant see any poor paint finishes or glue marks on mine,,decals all seem ok to me to, (although they could be wrong i aint a jd man personally) very heavy to, mostly meatl construction that i can tell,it does turn in the box which could be the only letdown to the carpet farmer amoungst you out there, the turning circle is poor to say the least, baerly anything truth be told, but hey its a dispaly model really at the end of the day

marks well has to be 9 out of 10 from me, grenn or not, its a very good model i must say

plough1.jpg

plough2.jpg

plough3.jpg

plough4.jpg

plough5.jpg

plough6.jpg

plough7.jpg

Guest Powerdozer

That is a stunning model looks well nice the only thing i can see that looks tacky is the windscreen wipers they could of done something a bit more with them. What price are these being banged out at?

Good to see something other than that annoying hitch that they put on all their shelf models on this one, it does look like a very nice model Sean. I best go and pick one up while I still can as I have a feeling that it will run out quick in the US... I was surprised at the number of people in TTS that said they had ordered one.

Good to see something other than that annoying hitch that they put on all their shelf models on this one, it does look like a very nice model Sean. I best go and pick one up while I still can as I have a feeling that it will run out quick in the US... I was surprised at the number of people in TTS that said they had ordered one.

Maybe if they like it as much as those who have bought one over here the knock on efffect will be a few more 1/32 models being shifted in NA over time.

Maybe if they like it as much as those who have bought one over here the knock on efffect will be a few more 1/32 models being shifted in NA over time.

I hope so Tris...It seems like Ertl has been making a bigger push with the detail on their 1/32 tractors here as of late, in particular the Magnums and the Puma's. I can definitely see many first time 1/32 collectors who bought this model going back for future 1/32 releases if they prove to be as well made as this piece.

Well I've been awaiting this model for months and couldn't wait to see what RC2 had made from the initial prototype model we saw a few months ago, mine came out of the box yesterday as soon as I had finished drooling over the red stuff and overall its not a bad model. A few faults with mine, buckled axles on the wheels which I'm guessing happened when the wheels were pressed onto the axles, one of the wipers is about 3-4mm from the windscreen, an obvious test fail  ::) One of the rear facing lights is also damaged on mine, not sure if I did it or not but if I did then you need to be carefull with yours.

On the plus side, this model oozes detail (and so it should for ?40+ bearing in mind you can pick up a far more superior ertl precision model for ?50) and one touch i quite liked was the pivoting front axle and although the rear three point linkage isn't much use, with a home made pin for the draw bar it will look at home in a field of dry coffee on a tillage train.  ;)

I'm with sean, I'll give it 9/10

Does anyone know how many have been produced ???

I believe the number produced was determined by the number of orders before late July on this order, Graeme.  :)

Well I've been awaiting this model for months and couldn't wait to see what RC2 had made from the initial prototype model we saw a few months ago, mine came out of the box yesterday as soon as I had finished drooling over the red stuff and overall its not a bad model. A few faults with mine, buckled axles on the wheels which I'm guessing happened when the wheels were pressed onto the axles, one of the wipers is about 3-4mm from the windscreen, an obvious test fail  ::) One of the rear facing lights is also damaged on mine, not sure if I did it or not but if I did then you need to be carefull with yours.

On the plus side, this model oozes detail (and so it should for ?40+ bearing in mind you can pick up a far more superior ertl precision model for ?50) and one touch i quite liked was the pivoting front axle and although the rear three point linkage isn't much use, with a home made pin for the draw bar it will look at home in a field of dry coffee on a tillage train.  ;)

I'm with sean, I'll give it 9/10

one of my wipers is the same jas, 3/4 mm of the screen but thats pretty minor uh do stuff like that, steering is the let down i think, if its coming out of the box,

I've got mine in the cabinet now and have to say I'm very pleased with it, looks great beside the JD 7520 :) :).

The steering angle is very small but that doesn't bother me, after all it is more a colectors model than anything else. Mars for this one in my opinion 8.5/10. Is any model perfect?

Slightly different topic and one that should be separate perhaps.....

Is there any model that poeple think is 100% correct or could not be improved for the same retail price?

I've got mine in the cabinet now and have to say I'm very pleased with it, looks great beside the JD 7520 :) :).

The steering angle is very small but that doesn't bother me, after all it is more a colectors model than anything else. Mars for this one in my opinion 8.5/10. Is any model perfect?

Slightly different topic and one that should be separate perhaps.....

Is there any model that poeple think is 100% correct or could not be improved for the same retail price?

I had exactly the same thought last night when asked to give the case puma marks out of ten, looks like the start of a new discussion!

::) and i thourght RC2 would make me happy, For a LTD edtion it could beeen Quality controled better, my cab top isnt on properly, exhuast is not straight by any means, the decals arnt on properly and are pealing of on the ends >:(  I recon my JD 7930 is a better model :( and its not a ltd edtion

Over all i give it a 7/10 pretty sad personaly