Harvest 2007 + Gap year

Pingu

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly question Pingu, but why are you topping the OSR stubble, why not just run with the header at a lower level on combine??

And I see you've been promoted from the renault to the Fendt this year!

It's because there is a lot of stalk on OSR Jase and it is silly to put it through the combine, you cut it high so that you take less rubbish in with the crop - better output, cleaner sample. Then it has to be topped to aid cultivations.

Sorry to jump in Pingu son!!

Well just lil update i spose :D :D

Well in between showers we've been grabbing what can got about 5-600 acres left, quality is crap

I'v been on the carrier discing in front of the plough on oat stubble were sections got laid down due to rain which combine couldnt pick up, to say was wet was understatement  :D :D  Been having diesel problems atm with returns pipe creating leaks and then new pipe managing to burst off :D

post-132-132638641145_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638641148_thumb.jpg

Well just lil update i spose :D :D

Well in between showers we've been grabbing what can got about 5-600 acres left, quality is crap

I'v been on the carrier discing in front of the plough on oat stubble were sections got laid down due to rain which combine couldnt pick up, to say was wet was understatement  :D :D  Been having diesel problems atm with returns pipe creating leaks and then new pipe managing to burst off :D

And i thought Fendts never give any trouble ::) ::)::)

:D :D :D :D :D  Sorry didnt mean to but when u have to stop half way through the day to go refuel and have to stop twice today so doesnt boil over and shes only got 100 hrs on clock something isnt right :'( :'(  Lovely ride none the less i must admit  :D

Cheers everybody ;D

i discovered it this morning obviously someone had been running without the main screen being there as looking closly at the rad it was solid with dust close in well blew it out and been fine all day, and with fuel just have to live with that :D :D  I'm getting used to her now but still falling behind big time :D

Well short update

We've been flat out last few days grabbing as much as can in this nice weather and all carts been long with last 2 days its been an hour and half round trip had 5 trailers on go today and he was still waiting and cart was down some narrowest roads which for me being widest tractor had its fun times often me reversing 200 yards to passing point for traffic :D :D (second pic taken yesterday evening)

But here is our lastest purchase a Case MX220 tweaked to 240hp, this is so mainly that we can get rid of Renault as its reached limit hours wise with us and need something more reliable and decided to go a little bigger so can pull plough and our new 5m McConnel shakerator

post-132-132638643308_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638643311_thumb.jpg

Well short update

We've been flat out last few days grabbing as much as can in this nice weather and all carts been long with last 2 days its been an hour and half round trip had 5 trailers on go today and he was still waiting and cart was down some narrowest roads which for me being widest tractor had its fun times often me reversing 200 yards to passing point for traffic :D :D (second pic taken yesterday evening)

But here is our lastest purchase a Case MX220 tweaked to 240hp, this is so mainly that we can get rid of Renault as its reached limit hours wise with us and need something more reliable and decided to go a little bigger so can pull plough and our new 5m McConnel shakerator

Thats usually the way...but when I see conflictng traffic like yours I 'm the one that backs off (mustn't stop the workers !)

Well we have finished harvest 2007 we went out with one last big effort cleared 220 acres in one day with 2 combines on the go 2x Claas lexion 570+TT (one without proper decals due to you have to specify decal :D ) one has 25ft head other with 30ft

Carting were:- (all had Richard westerns)

Fendt 818

Renault 735

Fendt 930

JD 6920

post-132-13263864388_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638643885_thumb.jpg

2 of us were tipping back at our yard into pit and other 2 into shed 200 yards from fields,

We officaly finished at 11pm last night with me having nearly sunk trailer in wet spot it went down to axles and just got it out  glad had 195hp on 12 tons :D

post-132-132638643923_thumb.jpg

post-132-13263864393_thumb.jpg

Did they have any problems with steering the tt's in wet conditions this year as I have heard a few stories that they would just go straight if the going got wet at the ends of the runs :-\

One farmer near by only got a 580 tt this year after being so impressed with a demo last year and traded in his old one which was wheeled

Had it back for a while whilst doing his OSR as for what I stated above  And had no problems with it    When on the wheat he went back to the tt and had no more problems :-\

Well short update

At last......  ::)