LADYFARMERLAND (AS IT'S BEEN REFERRED TO BY SOME FTF MEMBERS!)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so your a wealthy cornish farmer then mady, 14 acres of trout lake, ponys ect, blimey 14 acres of water up heres called a sww establishment, burrator springs to mind :D :D :D :D :D

Not really Sean... hubby and I moved down when house prices were mega low in Cornwall. It's 1/4 acre as well, not 14 acres darling :-*

i did type 1/4 but the dan shift buttons not working this end for some reason, ???? to much cider last night maybe,  :D :D :D :D :-*:-* so your not a origonal cornish resident then?

I am actually, but moved 'up country' when I was 19, and then moved back down again when hubby retired :)

ah a proper local girl then me flower, nice place you have there, i must say,well kept to, just a shame about that blue rust thing thats all, best get hubby to buy a nice mf100 series for you to use

Scoozy please, I have to spring to the defence of "The blue rusty thing" They were an ultra reliable,totally unbreakable, nice looking little tractor.  >:(

I took one of those to a large park near here, equipped with a Lewis loader and back actor; for a demo.

They wanted to dig out tree roots with it and laughed when they saw it's size and said it wouldn't be any good to them.

I called back later in the day to see how they were getting on and they were amazed at not only how much it had done, but how powerful it was not only digging but pushing up tree roots to burn on a fire. Great little piece of kit, and all very well made ;):)

Scoozy please, I have to spring to the defence of "The blue rusty thing" They were an ultra reliable,totally unbreakable, nice looking little tractor.  >:(

I took one of those to a large park near here, equipped with a Lewis loader and back actor; for a demo.

They wanted to dig out tree roots with it and laughed when they saw it's size and said it wouldn't be any good to them.

I called back later in the day to see how they were getting on and they were amazed at not only how much it had done, but how powerful it was not only digging but pushing up tree roots to burn on a fire. Great little piece of kit, and all very well made ;):)

Actually, it's served us well that little tractor, William - and it's not been looked after as you can tell (I'm ashamed to say - needless to say, I try not to let the other half near my yellow tractor too often!). It's been used to carry everything from chicken arcs to boulders, dug trenches and used to maintain a long stretch of lane - we've even carried sheep in from the field in the bucket -  and its still going after 10 years of hard work and neglect :(

ah a proper local girl then me flower, nice place you have there, i must say,well kept to, just a shame about that blue rust thing thats all, best get hubby to buy a nice mf100 series for you to use

I am indeed m' ansome (actually I was born in Banbury, Oxon, but Mum's Cornish and I was transported here when I was 18 months old, so I consider myself a local girl) :-*

I am indeed m' ansome (actually I was born in Banbury, Oxon, but Mum's Cornish and I was transported here when I was 18 months old, so I consider myself a local girl) :-*

more local than me then, i was born in dover, didnt move down till i was 7, so its now 29 years down here, still i wouldn't move for a million quid, ,love suffolk but me hearts dwon  here now

more local than me then, i was born in dover, didnt move down till i was 7, so its now 29 years down here, still i wouldn't move for a million quid, ,love suffolk but me hearts dwon  here now

Good grief Sean.  My parents were Dover born and bred.  Grandparents lived there most of their lives.  I lived in Dover from 1958 to 1976 when I got married and moved to Folkestone.  Moved on to Devon in 1978, Folkestone was that bad!!  We should have a chat about the old town when we next meet.  Do you ever go back?  We have, its a right dump these days.

Good grief Sean.  My parents were Dover born and bred.  Grandparents lived there most of their lives.  I lived in Dover from 1958 to 1976 when I got married and moved to Folkestone.  Moved on to Devon in 1978, Folkestone was that bad!!  We should have a chat about the old town when we next meet.  Do you ever go back?  We have, its a right dump these days.

we lived i ndeal mate, went back last year for a day,while she and her parents were visiting a dying bros, place had really changed bigtime, old house is still there, but the barracks has all gone,

we lived i ndeal mate, went back last year for a day,while she and her parents were visiting a dying bros, place had really changed bigtime, old house is still there, but the barracks has all gone,

Know Deal well.  Had a couple of girl friends from there and my Dad moved to Deal after my Mum died.  Catch up you with some time about the area.

Beautiful here this morning - so here's a few more pics from Ladyfarmerland ;)

Erm.... an artistic attempted at the foliage:

FarmandBarry014.jpg

Morning walk in what's called The Valley, which is an area of granite and rough grazing that's used in the winter:

FarmandBarry012.jpg

My first (and only) homebred pony... she's called Philadelphia:

FarmandBarry010.jpg

And I do love my sheep :)  This is Daniel (AKA Dan the Ram), and his girlie companion, Marjorie:

FarmandBarry007.jpg