LADYFARMERLAND (AS IT'S BEEN REFERRED TO BY SOME FTF MEMBERS!)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Today my brother-in-law has been replacing the onduline roofing on the old pigsties, which are used for keeping poultry in now:

Untitled-1.jpg

And Gerry, who helps out a couple of times a week, has been using a a 20 year old mower on the back of his MF to cut down the bracken, which was threatening to take over the rough grazing:

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

nice pics mandy, thought you would have been up ther helping out with the roof though ;):D :D

That's why I work a zillion hours a week - so I can pay someone far more capable and with knees which are far better suited than mine to crawling on roofing sheets to do it :D

That's why I work a zillion hours a week - so I can pay someone far more capable and with knees which are far better suited than mine to crawling on roofing sheets to do it :D

well said mandy, lot easier to eh, if he falls through all you need to do is laugh and call an ambulance

What a great place to live Mandy  :) :) :) :) :) Ladyfarmerland I love it  :D You have the petting zoo.....when are you getting the midway and the candyfloss and toffee apples  ???  :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks Scott... I do love it here. Petting zoo is going to be reduced in size however (just don't have time for everying!). The sheep will go in a couple of month's time, and I shall just have four ponies to look after for the winter :(

not sure if you have said this or not mandy, but how many acres do you have roughly

About 33 acres Sean - but only about 25 grazing acres, as the rest includes the lake, sandschool, garden and woodland. Too much for 4 ponies, so will maybe rent some out.

Sorry guys... can't sell my ponies, and I adore my sheep - but, boy are sheep time consuming and hard work! ;)

enough to keep you busy then mandy eh, would love to have a bit of room round me like that

Yes, I do love it... but the farm models give me less and less time to spend on it really (not that I mind of course  ;D)

PS You must pop in for a cuppa when you're down this way, Sean, and I'll show you around :)

Yes, I do love it... but the farm models give me less and less time to spend on it really (not that I mind of course  ;D)

PS You must pop in for a cuppa when you're down this way, Sean, and I'll show you around :)

Carefull you will upset marky

how about setting up a stables mandy

A good idea Masseysrule... such a good idea in fact, that prior to setting up with the Farm Models, I ran the farm as a livery yard for 12 years! Time to move on now I think... I absolutely love my job (dealing with farm models), every minute of it, and so the farm will be taking a back seat from now on - which is a little sad, but I've sort of 'done that' now...  :(

wil do mandy,next time i am down that way, thanks for the offer