Experience with mixed feelings: Holidays in the UK - my farm pics

Richard de Florennes

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pics of the Friday of our first holidays week - two John Deere's of our "Neighbours" farm near Ely ...

nice pics again,  ;D ;D ;D ;D

where abouts was this farm?? :-\

you can PM me the address if you want??

All right then, let's come to the last station of my UK holidays allowing for taking farm pictures: Having left the Fens on July 7 (Saturday), we arrived at mid-afternoon at Brize Norton, some 20 miles west of Oxford.

I was very lucky, as this day featured not only totally dry weather and even some sun, but just by pure chance I saw kind of a forager between those beautyful but sometimes annoying typical English hedges.

I asked one of the tractor drivers leaving the - of course - fenced field for permission of entry, and after this was granted I got the chance of realizing a child's dream and making pictures somehow resembling me of my first old Britains toy boxes, with the towed forager and the blue silage trailer most of you know.

Anyway, the beautyful landscape and some sun allowed for some nice shots I want to share with you collegues driving on the wrong side of the road ;-)

By the way, the end of this topic "foraging with John Deeres" will also mean the end of this topic from my side, as there are no more pictures to post then ?

Now I will let the pictures speak for me, good-bye!!!

Just in chronological order:

post-1013-132638627305_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638627326_thumb.jpg

Now that old 4755 looks absolutely fab - would mind hearing the roar from her ;)

I love her too, looks like a steam locomotive, and has a real deep sound (would like to have her as a modell too, is something of this kind available anywhere??? Maybe as FTF tractor 2008, please!!!). Could try to send you a small video of her via pm. Further pictures will follow after a one-hour meeting (and maybe lunch); of course the 4755 will also be featured in detail ...

Lovely collection of pics  :)

You struck lucky finding those Deeres at work - Love the 4755 :-* I bet she sounded sweet.

The little 6020 SE 2wd is a rare machine and I think looks like an interesting candidate for a 1/32 conversion ;)

An amazing set of photographs and a very wide selection as well. I enjoyed reading all of your posts and looking at all of your photo's. I hope we get to see some more from the Cotswolds, a beautiful area of this country.  :)

An amazing set of photographs and a very wide selection as well. I enjoyed reading all of your posts and looking at all of your photo's. I hope we get to see some more from the Cotswolds, a beautiful area of this country.  :)

Sorry, I must dissapoint you, unfortunately: There was no chance for taking pictures of farm vehicles in the Cotswolds due to the following reasons:

- more activities with family

- virtually almost no farming activities visible

- unfriendly farmers

So, this was my complete report from the UK, cheers!

Richard, they are super photos !

When I first joined FTF, my first questions were about access to fields to get good photos - it really can a problem due to tresspassing and safety considerations, until you actually speak to someone there.

I too have nearly come adrift around Lakenheath/Mildenhall area, usually cos I've been in a rush to see the planes (especially in the good old days of the F-4's) or "rubber-necking" those flying over !!

Really nice pics Richard enjoyed looking at them so much.As with the grumpy Farmers I suppose due to the weather this year we will be meeting a lot of them.Do you like me find you get a more friendly reception from the the farmers here in Germny