What is this?

Rick

Hi Rick,

Looks like a 1/32 Ros New Holland TX 66 Combine. Not that common a combine I don't think in the model world, but in 1/1 scale there quite common here in the UK. They are quite good, detail being ok has wing mirrors, beacons etc. The quality though isn't so good plastic is rather delicate and brittle I find. This may be a dumb question but what is a skinny?

Also Rick do you have any info on the 1/32 Ertl/britains New Holland CR 960 combine are these common or quite hard to find now. How many where made and are they still being made. Just bought one so want some general info on them. Can you help?

Thanks

Nathan

Hi Rick,

Looks like a 1/32 Ros New Holland TX 66 Combine. Not that common a combine I don't think in the model world, but in 1/1 scale there quite common here in the UK. They are quite good, detail being ok has wing mirrors, beacons etc. The quality though isn't so good plastic is rather delicate and brittle I find. This may be a dumb question but what is a skinny?

Also Rick do you have any info on the 1/32 Ertl/britains New Holland CR 960 combine are these common or quite hard to find now. How many where made and are they still being made. Just bought one so want some general info on them. Can you help?

Thanks

What the "skinny" slang for "what is the information" or "what is the deal"

Let me do some research on the NH CR 960

Nathan

Nathan:  As far as the CR 960 they came out in the Spring of 04 I found them at the first two dealers I checked so I would assume they are not hard to find.  They sell over here somewhere between 20 to 22 pounds.  Also considering ( a sad fact) collectors in the North America are not much into 1/32 so for that reason again I would assume the CR 960 is not too hard to find.  ..I bet the 1/64 scale of the 960 has outsold the 1/32 a long ways over here........

As far as how many have been made Im not sure and I dont think Ertl releases that figure........I will look into that issue more......

Rick

Guest Fendt pwr

I've got that ROS combine and to my mind the front looks/works like a windrower more than anything......It cuts the crop and lays it in a row under the wheels to dry out ready for combining at a later date. ::)

I've got that ROS combine and to my mind the front looks works like a windrower more than anything......It cuts the crop and lays it in a row under the wheels to dry out ready for combining at a later date. ::)

Would that also be known as a swather?

FP

FP, i can see a name change soon!!  ;D. Any one made a conversion of one of these?, i've thought about using a forklift as a base model but dont know how to get the height??

THE SWATHER HEADER IS USUALLY SMALLER THAN ?THE HEADER ON  COMBINE THAT FOLLOWS UP SO COMBINE SWALLOWS IT NO PROBS.THE COMBINE I AM ON TAKES 2 15FT SWATHS WHEN WE DO OSR AND DONT DESICATE IT. THEY HAVE BELTS ?AT THE BACK THAT THROW THE OUTSIDE OF THE SWATH IN THE WAY IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN AS THE AUGERS DO ON THE COMBINE HEADER.

I have thought about making a conversion on a old Britains Claas Jag but have never gotten round to it. A quick fix though is to put a Siku MF or Fendt combine head on the Siku JD 7400 or 7500 chopper. Dave Towse does a OSR draper head to harvest rape after it's been swathed though.

Nathan

• 2 weeks later...