Marks Pics

MDFord

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely photo that last one, Mark. I thought fron/back tanks were a dying breed down this end of the country but I saw the other day a Deere 6910 with a brand new Amazone front/back combo.

:D :D :D :D typical itallian metal work eh ,theres a fiat 2wd down here near tavistock, used on a tub feeder for cattle, not quite as bad as that one, as the cabs got its origonal top, but its not far off, archs are long gone, right to the cab frame, as is most of the bonnet, not removed, as you can still see bits attached where the fixing lugs are, just rusted away

great find mark  :)

unbeleivable really , if that was a car it'd be srapped long ago. to all intensive purposes , agriculture is with out doubt the largest industry with the least regulation covering the safety of farm vehicles , ok vosa & a few others are cracking down on lighting & braking ability for roadgoing tractors & trailers but i wonder how many youngsters get to drive tractors like that for friends, neighbours & worst of all relatives.

I know i've driven a few old dogs on their last legs , but when i look at it now , i can see much more easily how accidents happen, unlike when i was younger i would be too impatient to look at the risk involved in driving tractors & machinery & just get on & drive, matter of fact when i search long & hard through my memory , i consider myself lucky to be here at all from some of the close calls i've had !

tractors like this are what puts the lives of all farmers & workers at risk , it's one thing to have an article in CT about the hidden rust in tractor cabs but to have a cab in that condition is beyond belief  :( :(

• 2 months later...

Cheers chaps, thats about right Marcus, stop shoot and go :D. The Fords & DB were near Othery and the 4000 at Stoke st Gregory. Quite a few Leylands around as well, but none were you can stop to get a pic.

Didn't get as far as Frome Tris - Glastonbury, Street, Cheddar of an evening was about it.

• 1 month later...

Archived