New Farm Layout

robl12

This is my first post on here, I am about to start a new farm layout. I have cleared a 4 metre by 1.5 metre space for it already have a couple of graham's buildings for it (the large grain building and the cattle shed with feed passage that has the wind breakers on one end that are on here and also a general purpose shed.) Also planning to try my hand at a couple as well but I a worried about getting the sizes right. Looking for advice on how to get the building sizes right and what to use for tilled fields and just general tips.

hello and welcome to FTF :) :) :)

Buildings, well to be honest, make them any size you want, in real life a fabricator will cater for it. Generally though they have standard sizes, sure someone can let you know what they are. I kinda built mine based on the Siku 600 lexion and rounded the dimensions up

for the fields, some use dried coffee from the filtered stuff

welcome to the forum, you've got a decent size area to work with. as fb says sheds come in all shapes and sizes i also base mine around the machinery i want to store in them. as for advice read through some of topics in this section you'll get loads of ideas to help you and also don't be afraid to experiment with your own ideas. keep us updated with your progress :)

I played it simple with ,my dutch barn robl12. Went for 15ft bays and got the hieght by deciding how many bales I wanted to stack in there!! Easy peasy. Then you just have to build it.. .  :D  I t was built quicker than the others I have built it has to be said but there was some good suggestions from fellow members to help me along.

Look forward to seeing how you are getting along in due course. Welcome to FTF, the bolt went across behind you. .. .. there is no way out now!!  :) :)

to be honest i'm not sure, i've only used plastruct. You can get plastruct that looks more like steel sections than wood but wood may be easier to get the shapes you want if curving??.....why not try composite....both materials?? ???

Thanks all for the advice for my first building have decided on a dutch barn. Is it easier for the first building to start with wood or plastruct type materials??

I used Plastruct as it cuts with a craft knife and glues well with Zap-A-Gap (green bottle).

post-227-132638651289_thumb.jpg

welcome to the fourm mate, hope you enjoy it on here, like most people have said buildings can be any size really, depends on wht you want it for, as for tilled feilds like fb said i use dried used coffee, if you have a starbucks near to you, they give bags of it away for free, and once dry it works really well for soil, heres one of my fields using it

headland1.jpg

welcome to the fourm mate, hope you enjoy it on here, like most people have said buildings can be any size really, depends on wht you want it for, as for tilled feilds like fb said i use dried used coffee, if you have a starbucks near to you, they give bags of it away for free, and once dry it works really well for soil, heres one of my fields using it

Thanks for the welcome tractorman, will have to try that with the coffee.

rob