Radio Controlled Ertl/Britains

Just and idea.

Perhaps a radio controlled tractor along the same lines as Siku. I know this would be a welcome addition to all of us Britains collector's and maybe be an entry for the US side to get into the 1/32 scale market. As it certainly is more unique than just an ordinary tractor.

There is a remote controlled Ertl John deere on ebay at the moment britfarmer, I'm not sure how good they are and assume it is an old model. It would be nice to have a remote control tractor though, my County is ok, but it would be great to have a tractor you could control as opposed to one only capable of driving in a straight line or running a pto (which i like a lot).

Falmer Palmer

I remember as a kid(still one just a bit older and bigger)having an Ertl remote control Ford TW-15 I think it was. It was a poor detailed model and to turn you had to put it in reverse, a bit disappointing, there was no way to control the steering. It also had difficulty if the terrain got a bit rough. I must look for it's carcase some where, I think it's in my parents attic, minus it's wheela and cab roof.

Garret

An artic would be easiest, but I'm not saying this will be easy!

The more plastic the better, the more internal volume the better, this is possible, but it would be tricky.

My other idea is wrapping a normal toy tractor in tin foil, and sticking it in the microwave, thats got to do something, right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Where did you see that Farmer4life, I know they are making a  remote controlled one, but having a wir connected to the tractor just spoils all the fun. >:(

Yes! I know this is a sin for some people, but the one ertl is coming out is making the 16TH SCALE r.c. they are coming out look good! I saw the 32nd scale picture in the ertl flyer for releases later this year.

• 1 month later...

i had a look through that forum and read the posts but a realease date wasnt posted anyone have any idea's? also has a scale been decided?

we neeeeeeed details  :D

sorrry got slightly carrried away for a second there  ;D

It should be near 16th scale(sorry guys). I saw a pic of it next to a jd 16th scale 9620t in 16th scale, and i bet this one is in 12th scale judging by the size