What really PLEASED you?

Wopie this looks to me a good. Cant wait now.

Oh we should set up a trailer reversing course with some cones :D. Quickest reversing round with out hitting the cones  :D

I had a go at that at a ploughing match, so did Dad he won quickest time of the day :D :D

Not boasting but My Dad is NOT alowed to enter the trailer reversing, he is so good at it, not boasting there but he is. :D :D

As Scottish & Southern Energy were turning off my power today I made arrangements to go to Sparkford and the Haynes Motor Museum to meet the curator.

Had a good trip (it is so easy to find), visited Stu's collection (housed in one of their offices at the moment) and after a chat and a cup of coffee was let into the museum to see where the collection will be displayed.  They have a lot of work to do before it will be exhibited but it is going into Hall 3, where they currently have "Collectors Corner" which it is replacing.  The plan is for it to be open after Easter. 

Best news is that Stirling Moss knows the collection is now owned by the museum and I was told he has "very fond memories of it".  Wow - it was 5 years ago he saw the small part we took to Stoneleigh Park.

Great news Sue. That really is 'in loving memory' if you don't mind me saying. Having such a national icon and outright legend such as Stirling Moss endorse Stu's collection must say something about the collector as much as the collection itself too :)

Great news Sue. That really is 'in loving memory' if you don't mind me saying. Having such a national icon and outright legend such as Stirling Moss endorse Stu's collection must say something about the collector as much as the collection itself too :)

Yes, Tris.  I think that is true.  The Curator, Mike Penn, is amazed at the detailed notes and reference material that went with the collection (all stored UNDERNEATH his desk).  Today I took down the card index system that Stu had maintained and also gave him the database that I kept up to date for Stu.  His words were "it seems he did not just collect models but was totally immersed in the subject". 

He is now compiling notes so a commemorative plaque can be made. 

I have to admit to being a bit tearful this morning when I saw all the models again in a corner of an office.  The last time I saw them the cases were wrapped in bubblewrap for transit.

Wopie this looks to me a good. Cant wait now.

Oh we should set up a trailer reversing course with some cones :D. Quickest reversing round with out hitting the cones  :D

I had a go at that at a ploughing match, so did Dad he won quickest time of the day :D :D

Not boasting but My Dad is NOT alowed to enter the trailer reversing, he is so good at it, not boasting there but he is. :D :D

used to be pretty dam quick myself when i drove on the farm, dab hand at a pinpoint reverse blind onto the grain auger dead center for the spout , prob couldnt do it now mind, been gaes since i did it, and dont even use a trailer at work that often now to keep my hand in