What really PLEASED you?

That's a nice touch, Sue. Bit of appreciation on a personal level goes a long way. :)

Sure does and they are my favourites - Freesias.  When I phoned to say "thank you" her husband answered (he is normally in London during the week) and he also thanked me profusely for all the help.  Ahh.  My day was complete!

Did you show that banksman and the manager, Steve? Tell'em to read it and weep!

For me, I was just about to write in the 'annoyed you' topic about the fact I had lost the 18th birthday necklace my Dad gave me 12 years ago. ..  :'(

Just found it in my bed! Must have come off one night, I thought I had lost it at work.  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Despite the weather the annual barbecue went off a treat.  Drizzle with a couple of heavy showers but warm.  A couple of gazebos kept the wet off most of us, a rubber backed mat inside the patio doors kept the carpet dry (mat had to be wrung out) and everybody enjoyed themselves.

Food was excellent, the gas barbie worked extremely well and the kids did end up in the summerhouse (when not running barefoot around the lawn on the wet grass!)

All I have to do now is rinse out the bottles and cans for recycling, dismantle the gazebos and clean the barbie.

What pleased me today.. I won the contract renewal with one of my major customers for the next 3 years (possibly 4).. worth £1.5m - £2m.  By the skin of my teeth as well evidently.. amoungst some very stiff competition so I am told  :o

Phew.... is all I can say really

What pleased me today.. I won the contract renewal with one of my major customers for the next 3 years (possibly 4).. worth £1.5m - £2m.  By the skin of my teeth as well evidently.. amoungst some very stiff competition so I am told  :o

well at least they know what they are getting eh marky?

good news mate, that one of your council schools contracts??? remember you saying in nov some were due for renewal

well at least they know what they are getting eh marky?

I think that's the crux of it really... better the devil you know I guess  :-\

good news mate, that one of your council schools contracts??? remember you saying in nov some were due for renewal

thanks Sean... yes it was one of my councils.... quite a biggy too  :o