Richies farm

richie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just for you green boys out there, Got a bit more done to the shed yesterday got the front pillars and the inside done. Still not to sure what colour to do the roof? Go for the green to match the rest or try and get some gray slate. Got the walls and some trees down and got the light in the shed just needs wiring up. Got two days off this week so hopefully will be finished by the weekend. P. S. This is why you shouldn't smoke around farms mjb 1, The tupperware lagoon was there ready for the next fire.

post-59-132638493626_thumb.jpg

post-59-132638493633_thumb.jpg

think i might try my next barn in mdf see how it goes

Go on    you know it makes sence

cut it square and glue it together with cynoacrilate (super glue)

very fast so watch you dont stick yourself together with it

and make sure that the room is ventilated as it gives off some fumes

I use thin glue    hold the pieces together and then run the glue down the joint sparingley and it should wick the joint

hold for about 15-20 seconds and hey presto joined without any need for clamps and nails

Hope this is of some use :)

SMURF

Go on? ? ?you know it makes sence

cut it square and glue it together with cynoacrilate (super glue)

very fast so watch you dont stick yourself together with it

and make sure that the room is ventilated as it gives off some fumes

I use thin glue? ? hold the pieces together and then run the glue down the joint sparingley and it should wick the joint

hold for about 15-20 seconds and hey presto joined without any need for clamps and nails

Hope this is of some use :)

got to do an implement shed so may do,not sure about super glue though,me and that stuff have a very sticky relationship,loves my pinkies for some reason,can't i just used 4" nails and a hammer,or is that to harsh? :D :D :D :D :D :D

what part no is the sheeting you use to cover it smurf?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?SMURF

where can that be bought to smurf ? as i take it no tacks are used in your buildings\/

It think the bostic version of that is called Contacta? Works a treat with some stuff if you let it dry a little first before putting both parts together. Its a bit gooey though for small stuff and watch out for the 'strings' as you pull the tube away from the surface

;)

how much abuse will they take,? mine will be ok but the ones for the kids maybe in for a few knocks :-\

The ones I've made for fp junior have lasted well, some are about 8 years old. I used a small piece of Quadrannt on the insides of the joints to add some extra strengh, these are free standing and not fixed to a base so they have faired quite well considering.

Hi guys, Well I finished the hayshed it has turned out not too bad, I could not get some gray slate brickpaper so had to paint it but I managed to get some stone paper it took a visit to two shops to get enough.I think this is going to be the last pictures of my farm for a while I'am running out of ideas and spare time to build anything else. But I will be looking forward to seeing more of your farms. Keep them coming lads.

post-59-132638494116_thumb.jpg

post-59-132638494124_thumb.jpg