At Work With Powerstar - Contracting

Powerstarâ„¢

Can you operate the wrapper from the cab?

Cheers

Chris

Yes you can, theres a computer control box, all functions are operated by pushing a button either all manually or one button does the whole operation.

very nice update how did you find the fendt  ;) ;) ;)

Dissapointing really, quite complicated, but once you get used to it you can see the benefits. Quite powerful though it's chipped to 200hp.

great pics Lukey, missed them!! :) :)

Cheers Ben, there are more but I'll wait a bit to post them :)

some good pics from yer phone luke , looks like you kept busy the summer between the showers , how'd you find the deutz by the way ?

Cheers Marcus, yeah brillaint busy summer thanks! The Deutz was suprisingly good! Although 3rd & 5th gear was too far away meaning you was on full arm stretch so for haulage work you would miss the odd gear out.

Some absolutly cracking pics there Luke E Baby... thanks for sharing... I love that JD on floaters... I bet you could be run over with that without even a bruise  :o

Is it like a Jelly to drive on wheels like that ???

Thanks Lord F  ;D

The best bit about it was going over pot holes on the track! Ermm.. what pot holes? ;D

But yes it is a bit bouncy, but fun!

wow lots of things going on  :o

Lots of things indeed! Glad things have slowed down now to just workshop chores, welding up the summer breakages etc!

Very nice pictures you lucky sod mate, can i come and work with you for a day week month year  ;D

Keep um comming mate, nice to see this topic with posts again

Cheers Ad, urmm, i'll put your name down, but i'm sure you could be employed to drive the kettle  ;):D

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dissapointing really, quite complicated, but once you get used to it you can see the benefits. Quite powerful though it's chipped to 200hp.

Luke what are you on about disapointing :o  My opinon of you young man is going down, dont worry only joking everyones got there views :)  Oh and there standard at 195hp so that could just be a well run in one ;)

Luke what are you on about disapointing :o  My opinon of you young man is going down, dont worry only joking everyones got there views :)  Oh and there standard at 195hp so that could just be a well run in one ;)

It's just they talk about it being the 'Rolls royce' of tractors and all the hype, and once you get used to it and spend time with it, it's not much different from the JD 7530 or we recently had, or any high HP tractor with a decent comfort pack. It's just the fact it's ran on a big computer. and they're quite reliable it gets it's name.

Just my opinion, sorry to offend!

Good to see your topic up and running again Luke :) Some nice pics there, you look like you've had a busy time.

Whats the speed of the forager in Wholecrop like, compared to grass & maize ?

Wholecrop and maize doesn't vary much in speed. Around 6k depending on groud conditions.

Grass is a whole different league though! That 7350 has an appetite!

No offence taken luke at all were all welcome to our views :) as I'm first one to say JD's arn't anywere near as good as everyone says bad for reliability still living in stone age and charge same for a similar spec 75 as a 820 costs if not more we found out :o :o but lets not start a colour war hey chap :D :D :)

But definatly looks like had good summer and its a brilliant update so far :) :)

did you do much whole cropping up that way then luke, not a very comon sight down here, only know of one place that does it

theres a coupel of peopel near me Sean i know 3 contractors that do it too

super pictures Luke this has to be my favorite topic now cant wait for the rest

About time this phoenix rose from the ashes Luke! Glad to see you back online and merrily posting away. A nice few months you have had by the looks of it mate, apart from having that ragged loan tractor anyway. Nice fleet shots and the the one of the Deere sideloading the MX ontop of that hill. Pretty sharp eye that phone of yours has.  :)

• 5 months later...

Just a quick update before Silage 09 gets in to full swing! (2 farms already have been done)

First of all our new 17 JD Tarctors have arrived

JD 6330 x4 (2 with loaders)

JD 6430

JD 6530 x 9

JD 6830 x2

JD 7530

Also the Deutz has been updated to a M125 (New type with silver cab)

We've got 2 self propelled fodderbeet harvesters. One Riecam and one WKM With Claas Vista Cab which is 2001 plate.

We've kept the Fendt 818, and the New Holland TS115a is going to get swopped in the next few weeks for a T6040 I believe.

All 3 foragers are ready to go, all the silage trailers are prepared with all the new plates put on from the 09 plate tractors.

The second foraging team are updatng the JD 6520 & Grays buckrake, to a 6830 with Zuidberg front linkage with a locally manufactured buckrake (Like an Albutt but stronger) On dual wheels! Should look good on the pit.

Some of the jobs I've been doing at the moment include

Tanking with an Abbey 2000 & 2500 With side loading arm

Rolling (Cambridge & Flat Rolling)

Chipping for the council (Big job)

Grass Harrowing

Spreading dung with our 12 Tonne rear discharge Rollands

Loading them with the JCB 414s

Fodderbeet cleaning with our new cleaner (it's huge!) (I had it on a JD 6400, whilst waiting for my new tractor to arrive  ;D)

Hauling fodderbeet from the harvesters

Driving the skiddy cleaning out lots of sheds etc

Power Harrowing

Dump Trailers

Not in any order!

I'm still planning on updating this thread quite regularly over summer when I can get on!

And I bet you all thought i'd forgot about you!

Not a chance  :)

I'll leave you with a random selection of photos! Enjoy!!