At Work With Powerstar - Contracting

Powerstarâ„¢

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to my Boss 2 days ago, says i'm back on for this summer  :)

Because I won't have college then i'm staying on to do the maize too.

Can't wait now!

Join the club mate........I've got about 4 months of solid work from silage to grain carting etc between leaving school and going to college in October........ :P;)

Join the club mate........I've got about 4 months of solid work from silage to grain carting etc between leaving school and going to college in October........ :P;)

I've only got a 5 or 6 week summer this time, unlike my 12 weeker last year, so I won't be able to half as much as last summer, but I'm not too bothered as it will be the last year, as I'll be into my last year of A-levels and that summer is from June to October and the same when I get to college/uni. Still got loads planned for this summer mind you with 90 acres of silage for us, 60 acres of topping for us aswell, then onto contracting with 65 acres already in the book. Then and inbetween I shall go on with my other Grandads team with the OSR either on Lex 580 as back up driver and evening or grain running full time. When the early Wheat starts, I'm going back on for my Dad, baling and carting straw back to the farm. When I get this done I'm hoping to go on with one of the local straw gangs with my Maxxum and new ML 25ft flat for a few weeks when they're at there busiest. Then back on for my Dad shifting marquees from the yard to the county show ground for his team to start putting up for early September.

So I've got a bit planned and I can't wait! :P

ive been offered a job on what you would call the A team and i dont even have a licence yet but that will all be ok coz i get it in july just berofe the end of the rape round here and then im off tho collage and helping with maize in the autam and on weekends!!! im sorted and i havnt even left school!!!!!!!!!! oooooooooooooooooh ya

Sounds like you will be having another great time mate and mart and will and kiwi, thought i'd join in and say i still dont have a clue :D :D  Still be here but boss still not decided whether to put me on magnum on subsoiling and do topping with that little bit of overkill, or on Fendt again topping straght behind combine then on trailers as soon as wheat starts or another option being on a brand new hire tractor looking to be a 160hp fendt or claas (with my pushing) :D

Should start the group of the tractor sun bathers :D enjoying the sun but nice nd cool in a cab :D

Phil whatever you do mate, have a good summer, I know it will be tractor orientated!

I start on May 1st.

ive been offered a job on what you would call the A team and i dont even have a licence yet but that will all be ok coz i get it in july just berofe the end of the rape round here and then im off tho collage and helping with maize in the autam and on weekends!!! im sorted and i havnt even left school!!!!!!!!!! oooooooooooooooooh ya

Yeah get on the A Team! It's the best way!

I hope evryone gets lots of pictures, and posts them with lots of stories to tell!

Funny you say that, I was out last thursday in a club with a few of them, although over summer there's not much time!

on that note, is there any clubs or pubs about, any women about there :-\ :D but seriously did you ever head out much with the other workers into town much?

They did have a 714,716 and an 818.

They still have the 818, the other Fendts were apparently rubbish on re-sale value so they dropped them 2 in favour of a JD 6820 and a JD 6920s.

All the tractors you see in that picture are all changed, all the 6320, and 6520's have been changed for 57 reg models. The NH TM140 has changed to a TS115-A (My drive)

And the 818 to an 06' model.

The only tractor still in the fleet is the 05' reg JD 6420s, purely because it's been plugged in to the laptop and had lots done so the splitter gears dont reset when changing ranges and its been chipped with further additions that i'm unaware of, but it takes care of all the topping, lots of steep ground (hence the resetting splitter) and looks after all the pheasnant plots. Spends most of the year on dual wheels all round.

Mind you it was on silage trailers one day of last year and it had my 6520 for breakfast  :-\

How in world there rubbish on resale value i'll never know well unless poor area as in market for them ???

Do they need a driver for 818 mate want a companion :D :D

Poor area I would say Phill, The nearest Fendt dealer to us is Taunton, a good 60 miles away, along way to go for pasrts and that.

Don't see many of them about around this way to be fair. It's all Deeres.