Bean Vining 2007.....

NewHolland2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondered can you havest beans with a combine

the farm i worked on harvested beans with a combine. not sure if they were the same kind of "beans" but if i remember right i think they were going to be used for animal feed or something  ???

what would the beans these machines are harvesting be used for? and what about the beans you eat? are they harvested like this?

i have only ever seen these big machines once and thay are massive would like to see them again

They're impressive alright..... :)

the farm i worked on harvested beans with a combine. not sure if they were the same kind of "beans" but if i remember right i think they were going to be used for animal feed or something  ???

what would the beans these machines are harvesting be used for? and what about the beans you eat? are they harvested like this?

See this site Alan.....It's the company's website..... :)

http://www.eastcoastviners.co.uk/

just wondered can you havest beans with a combine

Yes, but the ones done with a combine go for feed. They are gown earlier than these ones pictured in this topic, or so I believe and left to dry out in the sun just the same as grain etc.

cracking pics mart ;), often see doug mitchell's lorries up this way, he's usually carting machinery to and from the machinery sale when its on.

Yes Doug Mitchell has a nice looking fleet and all Volvo's I think. He a fine chap and attends many of the vintage shows with some of his classic tractors.

Nice fleet there - apart from the cab they don't seem to have changed much :)

You're right there mate.....They haven't changed too much.....The rear end on the CT is differnt from the AT so presumable something internally is different..... :)

Excellent shots mate!  I have some pix of the beans that go for animal feed (noticed they were about to be combined in Fife on Friday morning).  I'll post these when I return home tomorrow.

Thanks James.....Sounds good mate.....Look forward to the pics..... :)

Yes Doug Mitchell has a nice looking fleet and all Volvo's I think. He a fine chap and attends many of the vintage shows with some of his classic tractors.

I know he used to have one or two DAF's.....Not seen any of those for a long while now so perhaps he is fully Volvo now.....

Nice pics mate, Intresting to see how they are harvested, how do the machines unlaod then? cant recall any unloading pics ???

Cheers mate.....The beans collect in a hopper on the machine which is then tipped into the Marston trailer and then into the lorry for road transport.....

Try last year's harvest topic for some tipping pictures..... :)

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=10414.0

Never seen a viner with a reel on the front!

That PMC 979-CT looks the part with that Claas Vista cab!!

Nice pics Mart and pleased you brought us these pics even though it was freezing cold and getting late!

Thanks Luke.....Last year they were harvested with the normal combing header on the front but had to be swathed first however they can go directly into the crop with the reel on.....

The cold and dark is all part of the fun..... ;D;)

East Coast Viners currently supplies major supermarkets and other frozen pea and broad bean buyers all over the UK. Export sales are also being cultivated in Spain, Portugal, Israel, Canada and other international markets

So Mart your next door beans could be in my Tesco next week!

Did you take any home for yourself?  ;)