Farmhand Loader

is that the front mounted thing or a self propelled version :)...i think i know what you mean but not 100% as i have been in kings lynn most of the day and suffering from it now!!  :D :D :D...any pics???

mounted loader. I think it was an American thing in the first instance. Had a frame with white roof built onto an open top tractor (most common were 165's and 5000's) with long straight beams to the carriage. Implements were attached via a pin on either loader arm and another on either crowd ram. Hydraulic's came via a pto pump. It was a gruesome looking bit of kit but with the lock of a 2wd tractor and fast hydrauics aswell as the reach it had over other loader tractors the thing is an awesome bit og kit really, a proper tool.

is that the front mounted thing or a self propelled version :)...i think i know what you mean but not 100% as i have been in kings lynn most of the day and suffering from it now!!? :D :D :D...any pics???

kinks lynn is enough tomake anyone feel that way fb :D :D :D

bloody close to mcmad to

isn't that the farmhand f11 ? a chap at andover used to load me up with D1000 bales & that thing had a hellish reach it was fitted to a ford 5000 select'o'speed, if i remember rightly the main lift arms are pinned about where the cab roof would be.

Did i really say hellish ?

Yeah you got it MJB, never new the model, just that it was Farmhand and a mother!! Yeah the reach on them is unreal, not the strongest piece of kit and to find one these day without a recent weld-up is ucommon. A Britains 6600 badged up as a 5000 with one of these loaders would look flipping booootiful. I'd dare say it would even look hellish!!

Surprised they let you in FB.? Was that you in one of those bl**dy white vans that tore past me on the A47 tonight?? Anyway, did you decontaminate on leaving Lynn?

nope not me, went down the A10!

• 2 weeks later...