2008 Plow City show tractor JD8640

allis8550

Hi Bill.

Many thanks for your post. Still haven't got the 8630, but it is on my list - just waiting for the Dollar to fall below ?1.60 before I email outbacktoystore  :D :D

Would agree with the sentiment about the 4000 series. I'd love a 4040 2wd and 4240 4wd. A front linkage for the 4wd would be super as these were among the first tractors I remember seeing with front linkages.

Thanks for the pictures Bill, I'll be sitting one beside my 8630  :)

Like has been said already in previous posts, something like a 4240S would be a big hit in Europe, certainly something to consider for the future.  ;)

Thanks for showing a possible interest in this Bill :)

Like FNHIR says , the 4240S had an extra 5hp over the 4240,along with the other versions sold in Europe they were assembled in Mannheim and had a few European differences.

Headlights at the front

Direction indicators in the yellow stripe at the front

Extra Engine side panels

Different style front wafer weights

Theres probably more differences, but thats all I can think of right now ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I got the 1/32nd 8630 this year, and will be getting the 8430 with blade when it comes out, so count me in on the 8640 once it is released. It will go quick though, as apparently it will be sold with a 1/64th 8640. A lot of collectors in N/A will be buying the set just for the 1/64th version and parting out the 1/32nd version( a shame really). But I plan to keep both scales. Take Care Jason B