2008 Plow City show tractor JD8640

allis8550

If you take a look at the cab you will find the difference in the small windows compering to the 8630.I can tell you without news from ertl or plowcity that the next one will be a 8650 that tractor has a other hood and the mufler is on the side of the cab.Its a serie you now this is cheapest way.

Bit boring though, if Ertl made the Precision 8100, 8200, 8300 before making the 8400 that would have made for a boring old display too. Shame, this years model is very nice one and I am very happy with it but I can't see me buying too many of the same variants.

Attached are some pictures of the 8640 vs. the 8630.  I apologize for the spacing of the tires on the 8640, this will be fixed.

#1.  The lower front cab windows are smaller on the 8640.

#2.  The cab railings and mirrors on the 8640 are revised.

#3.  Engine detail is different between the two series.

#4.  Gas tank and platforms are different on both sides.

#5.  8640 has lights on the rear fenders.

#6.  8640 has two hydraulic cylinders on 3pt vs. one on 8630.

#7.  In the cab, the number of levers on the right hand console are different.

#8.  8640 has different rims than the 30 series.

Enjoy!!

Bill Walters

post-111-13263867141_thumb.jpg

post-111-132638671425_thumb.jpg

tell you what bill the last version the 30 made me buy jd for the first time i na while, and not for breaking, and i am chuffed to bits with it, i aint a jd man so if you hadnt have pointed out the differences it would have looked the same as the 30 to me,many thanks for the pics and the difference you pointed out

looks like my second jd buy now for the collection

I'm really pleased with my 8630, its a great model :-*

Looks like I might have to get the 8640 as well now.

Don't suppose theres any plans for continuing the 1/32 classic Deere series with something like a 4255 or similar is there?? That would be most excellent!

Attached are some pictures of the 8640 vs. the 8630.  I apologize for the spacing of the tires on the 8640, this will be fixed.

#1.  The lower front cab windows are smaller on the 8640.

#2.  The cab railings and mirrors on the 8640 are revised.

#3.  Engine detail is different between the two series.

#4.  Gas tank and platforms are different on both sides.

#5.  8640 has lights on the rear fenders.

#6.  8640 has two hydraulic cylinders on 3pt vs. one on 8630.

#7.  In the cab, the number of levers on the right hand console are different.

#8.  8640 has different rims than the 30 series.

Enjoy!!

Bill Walters

Thanks for explaining the differences Bill, I'm not a JD expert so i didn't realise you'd made so many revisions, just shows your attention to details. I must get one of these to join my 8630.

A pleasant surprise if ever there was one. Thanks for the detailed input Bill, you have just made yourself another sale I think, there are more changes in that than I thought. Echoing MDFords thoughts for a second Bill, a 4?40 or 4?50 in 4wd would be a hugely welcomed model in the future by me too. NA would want 2wd though at a guess ???

Are you looking for the large frame 40 and 50 series tractor (4840, 4850) or the regular frame (4440, 4450)?

Bill

Hi Bill, I wouldn't be too sure of the difference to tell you the truth but something along these lines for us Brits  :) and right up to the 4955.. .

post-227-132638671692_thumb.jpg

Are you looking for the large frame 40 and 50 series tractor (4840, 4850) or the regular frame (4440, 4450)?

Bill

The regular frame ones were more common over here I'd say, but to be honest I'd be very happy with either type from say 4040 onwards :)

The 4240S was a popular version in Europe, that would be a great choice, as Deere-est previously mentioned.

Bill

any of those jd's updated would be ok to 90% of 1/32 collectors bill, we know you do the 4020 and other jd's but most companys seem to miss out the 80's kit like this range, ,you only have to look at how many of your old ertl jd's 3140/3350's was it that get bought up and converted/upgraded, to make decent models of the range,the chassis is pretty detailed by todays stuff so would need minor work,just new front axel mouldings and you already do 2wd (4020) and 4wd (various)axels already ,go one bill make sthe older collectors happy with a nice new 80's range of tractors will you just look how well the new ros fiat has gone down

a deffinate market for you to look at mate

Not just the popularity in the model world either. These series of tractor are still massively popular in the States as I am sure Bill knows. When we used to move farms between harvesting and just geberally move around it was actually a rarity to see a farm without a variant of these tractors!! Thats was in 2003.

Not just the popularity in the model world either. These series of tractor are still massively popular in the States as I am sure Bill knows. When we used to move farms between harvesting and just geberally move around it was actually a rarity to see a farm without a variant of these tractors!! Thats was in 2003.

still loads earning there keep roound this way to tris,can always remember seeing them for the first time at tuckwells one saturday while visiting my uncle at work ,so different in looks compaired to most of the usual stuff i saw as a kid, and still look amazing(even for a jd) today, i for one would but some, and i aint a jd man