my new toy

civilpek

shes a 120, 4000hrs on the clock, was stuck between this, a fh 135 and a very very nice zaxis, decided in the end zaxis was just too dear, and the fh135 was too far from home so bringing it back here would be too expensive when comparing it against this one. shes a 99  :) so i guess well see where well go from here, we have our own job going on at the moment that will take approx 2 years to do but im going to try and do a bit of work on the side with her as well and see how it fares out

Shes a good looker alan, She slooks tidy as, I personaly ( fom experiance) recomend to chuck away that quick hitch and get some thing like the Jb Rotary Quick hitch we have here in Nz, turns any bucket in to a tilt, we had them at my old far on all our digger under 20 ton, They were so good, no hoses to disconect from the bucket, just a dream, and they were strong, we did a lot of quarry work and even used a pick/ ripper on them for breaking out, i cant speak highly enough for them

Cheers nick

Shes a good looker alan, She slooks tidy as, I personaly ( fom experiance) recomend to chuck away that quick hitch and get some thing like the Jb Rotary Quick hitch we have here in Nz, turns any bucket in to a tilt, we had them at my old far on all our digger under 20 ton, They were so good, no hoses to disconect from the bucket, just a dream, and they were strong, we did a lot of quarry work and even used a pick/ ripper on them for breaking out, i cant speak highly enough for them

Cheers nick

cheers Nick, that hitch is coming off it and theres a rapid one going on. i know those tilt hitches are a good job alright but for now at least we wouldnt really have any need for it as standard buckets will do the jobs we need done at the moment anyway.

Nice digger is she sprayed ???

ya she has been, shes spotless though, in around the battery area etc there was no rust what so ever and in alot of machines ud find rust there, underneath matts etc in the cab are all rust free and the u/c is about 95%, my mechanic friend had a look at her this morning and reckoned she seemed to be spot on.

Looks a nice machine Alan, the first 360 I ever used was a Hitachi 120 with a q-hitch, lovely thing to use. have to say i am very rusty on them now though as its been 7 years since I last got on one. She should do you well, the 200LC that this guy had done 12000hrs before she needed any major attention :);)

well hope i wont regret saying tis  :D but they are a great little digger these hitachis, in my opinion the only machine to match are cats. a good few guys i worked for over the last few years were running hitachis most of them were 20 tonne plus but a few had 120's and the owners always spoke highly of them. i drove a jcb for a day a few weeks ago, i think it was a js 200 or something she was newish anyway but talk about a heap of s%%t. very under powered and oil pumps werent half big enough. shed completly die if you moved the dipper while slewing or tracking  :-\. dug a bit of a test hole with this hitachi last week and i was moving everything at once and she bearly batted an eyelid to it so i was impressed

:) well here she is, decided this morning to go with this one  :-* should arrive in yard by saturday week and hopefully many troublefree happy digging hours will follow

How you going to manage that then Alan, you havn't bought any buckets  :D :D :D :D

Good for you mate, taking the plunge is a big step I would expect but I don't doubt for a minute you'll be sat down when there is some work to go and get. I wish you all the best in the new venture buddy. Civilpek - King of the Swingers!!  ;):)

How you going to manage that then Alan, you havn't bought any buckets  :D :D :D :D

Good for you mate, taking the plunge is a big step I would expect but I don't doubt for a minute you'll be sat down when there is some work to go and get. I wish you all the best in the new venture buddy. Civilpek - King of the Swingers!!  ;):)

:) thanks Tris bud. ya seemed like a good move, like i say weve our own work on that the moment so it will be busy there and if i get some jobs on the side all the better, and just see where it goes from there

nice looking machine ;) what sort of work you going to be doing with it? were imworking at the moment they have got a new jcb js140 on order (due to be built on thursday) its replacing a 1995 jcb js130, gone for the next model up as they are that bit heaver for tracking in rubble etc, they also have a komatsu 160, both are out on weed cutting work for the river board at the moment so we have got a jcb js130 on hire loading the crusher and screener which im leading from at the moment.

hope ya machine goes well, there are one or two like it round were i live, good alround greneral use machine, will you move it about on a plant trailer behind a tractor?

mostly site work, excavating foundations, clearing site etc etc, first job is demolishing quite a big old farm yard, sheds, walls and all that kind of thing. its a good size for an all round building site machine capable of doing wide variety of work without being too big or too small, the material will be crushed then by sub contractor and used in the development. and a farmer has  said he has drains to clear and a road to make through some land after the new year if i was interested........ i said chalk it down ::)

a few guys i worked with before have also said they could be interested in hiring it in for certain jobs from time to time depending on how busy they were and all that.

theres no plans to get a tractor yet as we wont have to move it too much initially, cos the two sites we are working on are across a raod from each other, so it will be just a case of tracking it straight across the road. if i need to move it to a contract job  il just borrow a tractor and low loader from a guy i worked with when i first started driving, we are good friends so theres no problem there, if tractors and dump trailers are needed theres no shortage of tractors i can hire in on self drive or whatever, and i have hired tractors and dump trailers before on self drive for €80 a day less if you hire it on a longer term,..... not too bad for a case cs130 and 14 tonne dump trailer  :)

the plan at the moment is mainly to work away at our own work and basically if other work comes up on top of that all the better, and as time goes on we'll see where we stand and where to go from there with it.

best of luck with the machine alan.

yes good luck, cheap tractor and dump trailer at that rate also ;) im starting to think a digger is the way to expand :o i will see how you get on then look in a few months time ;)

thanks again lads, well in a few months time Mike i may well be thinking about expansion and might just decide to open a branch across the water...... you can run it  ;D ;D pays to be positive so they say

• 4 weeks later...