Case IH 1056xl conversion

this started of in another topic and now I'm putting it in here. It started off as an ertl Case IH 956 with loader so I've rempved the loader (holes still to be filled in where the loader was) and it's been fitted with a new axel and the wheels off a U.H. Claas ares 657, also the weights removed and fitted with front linkage.

post-978-132638672366_thumb.jpg

post-978-132638672372_thumb.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this started of in another topic and now I'm putting it in here. It started off as an ertl Case IH 956 with loader so I've rempved the loader (holes still to be filled in where the loader was) and it's been fitted with a new axel and the wheels off a U.H. Claas ares 657, also the weights removed and fitted with front linkage.

Looking smart Mark, but arn't 1056's a lot longer in the bonnet than a 956? Or did Ertl make them a bit short. :-\ Looking good anyway. ;)

if the bonnet needs filling anyway mate, why not add the extra lenght and get it cast, could be cut down to make any of that range of tractor then, one bonnet fits all, like my 3000 series bonnest, 1 done one casting this weekend

good idea sean, but this is a one off for me might be an idea to plant it in pdc's mind about casting the bonnets ;)

956XL and 1056XL were the same but they had different wheels and tyres,which is why I suggested that you badged yours as a 1056 as you used bigger wheels than my 956.

The 856XL was shorter as it was a 4 Cylinder and the 1255XL and 1455XL were bigger tractors alltogether ;) ;) ;) ;)

956XL and 1056XL were the same but they had different wheels and tyres,which is why I suggested that you badged yours as a 1056 as you used bigger wheels than my 956.

The 856XL was shorter as it was a 4 Cylinder and the 1255XL and 1455XL were bigger tractors alltogether ;) ;) ;) ;)

so when are you getting started on the 1255 & 1455 paul ? :)

true a 1056xl would be a bit different and if I could get my hands on another one then put the siku wheels on it (or get my otherhalf to buy one of yours as a xmas prezzi). mmmm.....right mind made up it'll be a 1056xl ;D