Here's a nice one - A French Massey 165 brochure

supposedly if you put the head off a comma van onto the head of a massey 35 4 cylinder it makes them much better starters

Really  :o - I know they did an "upgraded head" for them... I guess thats what that mist have been... most of them were out of time... a properly timed engine should start ok anyway evidently  :-\

nice mate, another new buy eh, the euro ones seem to have more colour in them art work wise dont they

They do indeed Sean... yes... another purchase  ::) :'( :'( :'(

Really  :o - I know they did an "upgraded head" for them... I guess thats what that mist have been... most of them were out of time... a properly timed engine should start ok anyway evidently  :-\

They do indeed Sean... yes... another purchase  ::) :'( :'( :'(

Quite a few people swapped the 4 cylinder head for one off an Allis Chalmers ED40, the difference being the Allis engine had 4 heater plugs in the head, whilst the fergy engine only had a single heater plug in the manifold. Otherwise the Standard engines fitted in both tractors were virtually identical.

never noticed a battery box lid on all the 165's i have driven, is this std or a french thing?

looks like that one has the 19 inch front rims,

and the guy driving it is smiling.........haha, must be driving to the shed where he parks his IH574........hahahaha

kidding marky, great tractors, nice brochure, wonder how many 165's still have those indicators on stalks on the front after all these years