Model of the Moment......Ford 6600......

The model we are looking at here is fitted with the more basic cab option but the 6600 was available with the Bubble/Q Cab as well......

The linkage on the real deal was operated by a simple Quadrant Lever with an additional lever provided to obtain position/draft control......The 6600 also came with optional Load Monitor...... :)

post-32-13263867715_thumb.jpg

post-32-132638677185_thumb.jpg

The Ford 6600 was rated at 78hp and was a nimble wee workhorse......A Standard 8x2 gearbox was provided with gear changing operated via 2 levers in the cab......

The Britains model is a good representation of the real deal I think and is well deserving of a place in any collection......The hitch is fully functional as with any Britains tractor and can carry a range of implements and tow trailers......Would be an ideal workhorse pulling away a MF 200 Trailer from the Britains MF 760 combine...... :)

Here she is side-by-side with a modern counterpart the New Holland TN75D-A......

post-32-132638677224_thumb.jpg

post-32-132638677229_thumb.jpg

As I mentioned the 6600 was available with the Luxury Bubble/Q cab......The Q cab provided a quiet work place for the driver and I quote from the leaflet "In fact it's so quiet there's provision for installing a radio or tape player"......This provided a rather "Blue" environment for operator as shown by these pictures taken from a leaflet for the 6600 in 1977...... :)

post-32-132638677233_thumb.jpg

post-32-132638677468_thumb.jpg

Last of all here are the spec sheets from the leaflet......Sorry for the poor picture quality......

To sum up the 78hp 6600 with a top road speed of 16.8mph was a versatile tractor in it's day and good condition examples can still fetch good money at sales......

The Britains model is a good representation of the real deal with the usual features you'd expect from a Britains model......However I would have liked it if the wheels were posable......

All in all the Britains model is worthy of a place on any Ford collector's shelf...... :)

post-32-132638677508_thumb.jpg

post-32-132638677511_thumb.jpg

We used to have a 6700 which had dual power and gearsticks were side mounted-cant recollect the horsepower of it though i know we used to chop silage with it

Have you any literiture about the 6700

the 6700 was exactly the same power unit as the 6600, similarly the 7700 to the 7600 both a lot less gutsy than their safety cab predecessors due to the extra weight,not to mention their poorly engineered diff-lock pedal,foot throttle and Dual-Power lever positions/function. So glad we never had them, as I've posted before trying to keep cool on even a dull summers day in there wasn't easy.

Our safety cab doors stayed off for months with plenty of fresh air....aaaah, lovely!  :) 

Thanks lads...... :)

Thought it qwould be good to have a blue model for a change...... :)

We used to have a 6700 which had dual power and gearsticks were side mounted-cant recollect the horsepower of it though i know we used to chop silage with it

Have you any literiture about the 6700

I've got a 6700 brochure in the house too......I'll post up some pictures if you're interested...... :)

Super Mart.... thanks for the topic... It was quite a slow tractor on the road then....  :o

Great pics... and very informative... many thanks  ;)

Aye she was pretty slow Marky......Only 4mph faster than the wee Grey Fergie...... :o

Thank you for the information the 6600 holds a lot of memorys for me as it was the first brand new tractor i ever had . But mine i picked up in feb 1980 had the black floor by then at a cost of ?9500 plus fity quid for 14 inch klebers .And the first thing i did to her was fit a radio when she was sold 18 months ago with about 5000 hrs on the clock she never had a spanner to her . Yes she did get warm inside but you could put a screwdriver though the top of the door and hold it open and scooped the air in  ;D

steve