tractors i've used & abused in the past !

MJB1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a jag 40 mate , lovely little machine when the grass was well wilted & reasonably dry, but awfull if the grass was damp or wet,

That is right yes - you could get it in standard format too I think ;)

Look at the County in the background and Standen harvester ;D

That is right yes - you could get it in standard format too I think ;)

Look at the County in the background and Standen harvester ;D

Just been looking at the standen myself, is it a self propelled jobbie??  :-\

Just been looking at the standen myself, is it a self propelled jobbie??  :-\

yes jas it was a 1 row SP with a MF135 skid , it caught fire though when the local inteligencia decided to set light to the straw bales in the shed it was parked in >:(

What cab was on it Marcus??

Standen built as the driver is offset from the tractor Jason ;)

like colm just said , just a white metal box basically jas , you had to climb over the skid unid to get to the drivers seat , it was very noisy & when the snow or frost was down , absolutely freezing  :( not a plesant place to spend the day :(

tell you what i am begining to think there aint a brand you havnt driven marcus, great shots as usual

:D :D :D

to be honest mate there's loads of tractors i've not driven , but i have been very fortunate in being able to drive the good the bad & the ugly .

thats the good thing about the smaller farms i've helped out on , the variety of tractors & kit is huge thus giveing you an experience everywhere you go :)

mind you because of the ammount of people i've worked for  i've been called unemployable  :D :D :D, it not true , when yer self employed you just move onto the next person that wants your services , wether it be a large contractor covering 5-6 hundred acres or a hobby farmer who has 5-6 acres

thats all for the tractors unless anymore turn up :(

might just do the trucks next ;)

thanks chaps  :)

Well heres the real question markus What brand was the best for you work wize and what was the best tractor??

hmm toughy :(  the best brand would have to be massey , for no other reason than it's what i was bought up with, so yes i'm biased, but i've driven bad as well masseys as good ,3080 springs to mind driven a good one that was a joy to drive but a friend who had one the same age & spec was nothing but trouble  :(  but i think that would cover any manufacturer

as for the best tractor ?  that would be a throw up between a MF 699, fendt 612, zetor 14145 & the deere 4055 / 6400, case 1694

if i could get one tractor built new again  just for me, it would be the 699 :)