tractors i've used & abused in the past !

MJB1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a wee look through your album, real interesting pictures you have collected.

what did you think of the fendt 615 to drive? beast? :P

and dont you hate driving the tractor into the slurry lagoon! we had the merlo in the lagoon to fix one of the automatic scrapers ::)

:) :)

thanks mate liked going through those again

612's was a great tractor, as was the 611's the pictures there show them on road work , but i only did that when it was too wet for injecting, otherwise i'd be on field work with a 5 leg shakerator on the back of the tank modified for sludge injection , i used to inject raw sewage & slaughterhouse waste, illegal now but used to do quite a lot back in the day, wasn't a nice job unblocking the pipes when offal got wedged in them  :-\

as for the deutz in the lagoon, it wasn't very often they did that , usually had a bray B5000 for that but nobody really liked driving it , so the 4.70 drew the short straw :D

my era those pictures, love them all

proper tractors bob !

Loved looking through them Marcus, a proper blast from the past. Who did all the 7010 series Deere's belong too? And great to see the 6800 & 6400? Silaging with the Norton trailers!

Thanks for posting  :)

the 7710's were at a farm near dorchester luke , upcerne estate. 2000 acres of cereals & 500 acres of woodland & some real evil slopes on chalk & flint brash, also had a few pictures of the combines & the county 1004 but cant find those , i must have them about somewhere ?

the 69 & 64 silageing was a good shot , i do like that one  :) the noton trailers were on oversize tyres & were great to pull as they were on a wider track width than the marstons  & would follow the tractor round corners flat out whereas the marstons were weaving all over the place

Neat pictures Marcus,love the good old pictures. :)

digital camera's are great Ol, delete what you want & are instant & cheap , but the proper film camera adds that bit of extra character to the scene

Great pictures, yes today we're spoilt with digital cameras. What's the name on the side of the Claas selfpropelled?

they were called WILLS PARTNERS from yeovil marsh / ilchester area. don't think they're contractors anymore , they had quite a big farm & utilised the kit they had. they first ran 120hp SAME tractors then moved to JD 6800's  not sure what happened to them , but it was two brothers , i think one took the family farm on & the other went as a head driver on another farm , last time i saw martin wills he was driving a fendt 612 for another farmer

Great pictures, it is always good to see the older stuff  8)

Erik.

always , i'm familliar with machinery like this , went for a ride round in a few fendts the other day , i think i'd get used to it , but i felt quite left behind by the ammount of technology used

Lovely pictures Marcus  ;), i prefer to see the pictures like that.. gives it a more realistic feel i think  :)

deffinately low tech stuff mate , from a time when the drivers didn't need a phd to drive them  :D

agreed, some real first class pictures in there - thanks  :)

I dont know how i mist this topic  :-[ but those pictures are great mate ;)

thanks richard & johny :)

brilliant collection  :o no doubt runs with good memorys ???. Thanks for shareing ;)

very much so mate , always have a smile when i see them , although , some are harder to remember where & when the pics were taken in the first place  :D:-\