Show us your Pets!?!?!

:)  ok this is buffy she`s approx 7 months old  and arrived with the usual assortment of farm kittens during this year........mum liked her, ok we all liked her  so when others went to people she stayed on.Had a rather nasty experience due to being up in the car two weeks ago.........was thankfully none the worse so ended up wormin her way into the house.......Here she is quite at home as if she was meant to be a house cat.

HPIM0972.jpg

:)  ok this is buffy she`s approx 7 months old  and arrived with the usual assortment of farm kittens during this year........mum liked her, ok we all liked her  so when others went to people she stayed on.Had a rather nasty experience due to being up in the car two weeks ago.........was thankfully none the worse so ended up wormin her way into the house.......Here she is quite at home as if she was meant to be a house cat.

HPIM0972.jpg

I don't know if it is caused by interbreeding in farm cats; but it never ceases to amaze me; the variety of colours that farm kittens appear in. On the farm where I lived at Lewes; we had about thirteen cats around the farm, and there was just about one of everything. We had grey ones, pure white ones, the usual "Felix" cats, harlequins, tabbies, shorthairs ,longhairs etc. Some were possibly fathered by stray cats which may have brought in new colours.

I have a really bad memory of kittens when I was about six. A friend and I found some kittens in a barn and told a neighbour about them. He asked us to show him where they were, which we excitedly did. He promptly picked them up one by one and smashed their heads on a nearby concrete beam. What an insensetive a***hole he was. It really upset my friend and I.  :'( :(  On another occasion we saw him put some in a sack with a brick and throw them into the slurry lagoon. I hated him after that.  >:(  I could never do anything like that. As I get older I get more sentimental about animals, and could never harm one unless it was in self defence.

Some people are really callous in their attitude towards animals. I had some friends who sold a rabbit and a few months later the buyer returned, asking them if they wanted it back because it was too much trouble to look after. The option was euthenasia. I was very annoyed, as that poor little animal had as much right to life as the selfish owners. If you are going to have pets, they deserve the best possible treatment, love and care. They can;y look after themselves in captivity.  :)

I don't know if it is caused by interbreeding in farm cats; but it never ceases to amaze me; the variety of colours that farm kittens appear in. On the farm where I lived at Lewes; we had about thirteen cats around the farm, and there was just about one of everything. We had grey ones, pure white ones, the usual "Felix" cats, harlequins, tabbies, shorthairs ,longhairs etc. Some were possibly fathered by stray cats which may have brought in new colours.

I have a really bad memory of kittens when I was about six. A friend and I found some kittens in a barn and told a neighbour about them. He asked us to show him where they were, which we excitedly did. He promptly picked them up one by one and smashed their heads on a nearby concrete beam. What an insensetive a***hole he was. It really upset my friend and I.  :'( :(  On another occasion we saw him put some in a sack with a brick and throw them into the slurry lagoon. I hated him after that.  >:(  I could never do anything like that. As I get older I get more sentimental about animals, and could never harm one unless it was in self defence.

Some people are really callous in their attitude towards animals. I had some friends who sold a rabbit and a few months later the buyer returned, asking them if they wanted it back because it was too much trouble to look after. The option was euthenasia. I was very annoyed, as that poor little animal had as much right to life as the selfish owners. If you are going to have pets, they deserve the best possible treatment, love and care. They can;y look after themselves in captivity.   :)

I agree with those sentiments.  Any animal that you buy or take in is a responsibility - if you don't want to provide for them you shouldn't have them.  If you want to take a weekend break you cannot just leave them to fend for themselves regardless of whether they are dogs, cats, birds, fish, horses, cows or whatever you have to make arrangements in advance.  However, when all is said and done they repay you thousandfold.

Some people are really callous in their attitude towards animals. I had some friends who sold a rabbit and a few months later the buyer returned, asking them if they wanted it back because it was too much trouble to look after. The option was euthenasia. I was very annoyed, as that poor little animal had as much right to life as the selfish owners. If you are going to have pets, they deserve the best possible treatment, love and care. They can;y look after themselves in captivity.   :)

I AGREE 100%

HPIM0972.jpg

I love her, John - and there must be some Siamese or Burman in there somewhere with those markings :-\

nice pets all round I reckon...........Buffy by the way Mandy is very likely to have birman or something in her, we get roving tom cats  paying us  regular visits .BW too, the colour range you get too amazes me.....we had a lot of black n whites for a while, then they turned grey , before that we had a heap of gingers....At the moment we have tabby stripey things, greys and blacks.Oh and Snowy  our older deaf white house cat.......very much  the lady :)HPIM0907.jpg

• 4 weeks later...