1/32nd John Deere 9630: Ruined by Quality Control

Jason B

Hi

Well I woke up this Morning and found a 1/32nd John Deere 9630 under the tree. It looked great until I examined it up close. It is loaded with quality control issues and has gone from Britans Best 1/32nd to one of their worst toys in 1/32, and if it was not for quality control it would have been a great model. Lots of issues, and I will be returning it to the dealer on Thursday. All most all the decals are starting to peal off and one nearly looks like it wants to fall off. The mirrors were bent out of shape and the cab interior is a mess. Great detail, but mine looks like it was jammed into the cab. Not to mention the entire cab interior, from the floor, seats and controls are on a 25 degree slope, so if a 1/32nd driver were in the cab he would fall off the seat, that's how bad the angle of the cab is. The entire steering colum looks like it wants to fall apart, and is slanting on an angle in the opposite way that the cab is slanting. Plus if you look into the cab from the rear view, you will see that the cab interior is drastically on an slant. You can see a quater of an inch underneath cab interior inside the cab, that you should not see. Basically it exposes the casting. I am extremly disapointed by the Quality issues. The detail is great & is a step in the right direction, but quality control issues like my 9630, will drive customers away from Britans if they don't fix the Quality issues on future releases. None the less, mine is still NIB & will be going back to the local JD dealer for replacement 1/32nd 9630 that will hopefully be better. Hate to say it, all though the detail is outstanding, quality control has put the 1/32nd 9630 on my "Worst Farm Toys of 2007" List. Hopefully Britans gets their issues resolved or more Britans Releases will end up on this list. Until I get a better 9630, I rate it at 1 out of 10. Take Care Jason B

Can we have some pic please mate

Hi 

I will try and get pictures once I get my replacement 9630 from the dealer. Kind of frusterates me, I have seen a few of the 9630's in very nice shape, and then mine ends up being ruined by quality control issues & still in the box. Mine must have been built "On a Friday" near the end of day with people rushing to get home for the weekend. Oh well It is greatly detailed but quality issues ruins the model. I don't mind the decals, as that is an ease fix but having the slanted cab interior bothers me. It is too bad it had to be Quality Control Issues that ruined such a nice model. Britans/RC2 needs to step this up in a big way. Take Care JB

Hi 

I will try and get pictures once I get my replacement 9630 from the dealer. Kind of frusterates me, I have seen a few of the 9630's in very nice shape, and then mine ends up being ruined by quality control issues & still in the box. Mine must have been built "On a Friday" near the end of day with people rushing to get home for the weekend. Oh well It is greatly detailed but quality issues ruins the model. I don't mind the decals, as that is an ease fix but having the slanted cab interior bothers me. It is too bad it had to be Quality Control Issues that ruined such a nice model. Britans/RC2 needs to step this up in a big way. Take Care JB

i was meaning bout the one you are talking about now mate, Cheers Nick

I know there qc is bad but they cant check every single model that comes of the produtcion line it does happen.

Hi 

Yeah, I know they can't check everything that comes off the line but is a little bit of a let down in away. Luckly I can return it and get one that has better quality. Britans seemed to have been doing well with QC on other models I bought until the 9630 came along. I guess things happen that we can't control. Still it will be returned for another one. The detail is amazing on it, it's just frusterating that Quality control was not up to parr. They have a few on the shelf that are nearly in perfect shape. I may get one of them. I don't mind mirror issues, but when you have the entire cab interior on a 25% slope then we have problems. Take Care Jason B

some usefull things to look out for there jas if i do buy one, your right to take it back, it will hopefully get back to rc2 and they will take notice, sure if bill see's this post he may well comment to if we are lucky

Hi 

The detail is incredible on it, I would recommend you get one though, but closely inspect them for detail. The decals can easily be glued back on but trying to fix the cab interior is another story, so taking it back makes sence to just take her back to the dealer. Hopefully the dealer then sends it back to RC2. Take Care Jason B

It's good to hear that the basis of the model is sound, I just hope yours was a bad apple as it is a model I am looking to get.

Thanks for the useful review/warning and I wish you better luck with the next one. :)

Hi

I think it was just a bad apple like you said, yeah the dealer has a few left and they appear to be in decent shape. Will pick one of them up tommorrow probably. Take Care JB

Hi

Well Today, I picked up a replacement 9630 from another Dealer today. The other one will be sent back tommorrow. The one I got today is in perfect shape! Cab interior is correct and all decals are on correctly. Very beautiful model. I guess I overreacted a little bit at first. The first one I got, I was unfortunate to get a "Bad apple" out of the production run, but the one I got is perfect now so all is well! :) :). Take Care Jason B