Silage harvesting - boxing day 2007

SPN

Where in Ireland is it? Do you know it is december not the the middle of the summer and plus it is st stephens day could they not wait tell tomorrow to pick it up.  The tractor looks savage with the symth. But i would like a thrope of redrock. But the Thrope would have to be my favourite it is the best trailer to pull with a load of silage or maize or grass. Was their just the one tractor their. Mc Cormick mtx 140 and 20 foot thrope all the way.

james

in 2000 we had some flooded, 15 acres, decided to let it get washed  a bit and see how it went, we baled it mid november.........yes Sh1t sums it up........waste of time, plastic, diesel and didnt help the field.trouble is what do you do with it tho, leavin it would have led to severe winter kill...........hey ho.

I`ll try and dig out some pics

I think they are zero grazing at the moment so it is one trailer load per day.

Fleet comprises a TS110, 2xTS115, TS115A, TM120 and TM150. There are also two or three Deutz.

when was the grass knocked. how many loads did you bring in? do you do much silage at this time off year in Waterford. because im from cork  and i never heard of this before at this time of year.

james

;) ;)

am the grass was knocked about a week ago but when the weather got wet we couldnt really pick it up because the graound was wet. am no this is the first time we ever done zero grazing so far we have just knocked about 80 acres but during the summer we could cut anything from about 800 to a 1000 acres between firts and second cut

am the grass was knocked about a week ago but when the weather got wet we couldnt really pick it up because the graound was wet. am no this is the first time we ever done zero grazing so far we have just knocked about 80 acres but during the summer we could cut anything from about 800 to a 1000 acres between firts and second cut

Welcome to the forum 412s

Texas