Best and Worst of 2007

Bill Walters

Personally I was well pleased with my JD78/7930 tractors & CASE210  the Quadtrac is pretty impressive but top marks go to T7060  purely because the super steer front axle works so much better than 2006 T8040.

Low marks for me go to CASE signature tractors just because the Gold paint looks so horrible & TACKY!  Thankfully the CASE products coming to UK dealers this year will all be original "as nature intended" and no gold paint insight ;D

I don't see how you can blame ERTL for the "tacky" gold paint on the signature tractors, after all they are only models of prototypes that exist in full scale. If you want to blame someone then blame Case IH.

silly question but if we're on about Ertl 1/32 scale models shouldn't anyone on about the Britains models get a numpty? I know they are part of the same group but I thought we was on about Ertl's

ertl own britains as you said and they have overall control so it is relivant, mark, if you could stay on topic to some degree in here as its usefull for bill to see peoples views mate ;)

silly question but if we're on about Ertl 1/32 scale models shouldn't anyone on about the Britains models get a numpty? I know they are part of the same group but I thought we was on about Ertl's

Quite a fair shout in honestly mate, didn't think of that.

Thanks for your comments.  I hate wire ties as well.  We're trying......

I'm hoping I can get my boss to let me take a trip to England and meet some of you first hand.  My last time in the UK was in 1987 when I was in the Air Force.

My hope is that our models in 2008 are even better than 2007.

I did see another posting asking who I was.  For those of you who don't know me, I am the Managing Director of the Ertl brand for farm and construction and Off-road (Off-road is defined as ATVs, snowmobiles, etc..)  As Managing Director I'm responsible for the day to day marketing, engineering, graphics of our farm toys sold in North America.  I am not responsible for Britains, or determining what is produced for Europe.  My team does help in the tooling and design of some 1/32nd models.

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks for you reply Bill, reading through the topic again it seems there are very few big moans to consider in all honesty - which I think reflects RC2 stepping up the game over the last year with let's face it; some phenomenal releases. Whilst still maintaining their true purpose - toys. The packaging issues seem like a fairly easy one to resolve once the guys at the top come round to your way of thinking Bill and the QC issues are such that it is the manufacturers rather than RC2's own staff at fault and though the problem needs to be addressed by your people, the fault is not with you guys.

If you do get to come to our fair shores Bill, our autmn would be a good time to do it - with both the model tractors show in Spalding, Linconshire and Toytrac in Wincanton, Somerset within close dates of eachother. ... maybe even collate all your gathered info and even call in to Britains in Exeter, Devon.. .. Either way I am sure we would all likt to meet you just as much.

Cheers, Tris.

Thanks for the opportunity to give you some feedback Bill.

For me I'd say the best release last year was the Deere 8630 Plow City :-* and the Ford 7000. Its great to see more 1/32 70's & 80's tractors being introduced.

The Case IH Puma was also a model I was pretty impressed with, and I'm looking forward to getting a NH T7000 when they become available.

The worst.....well not a model, but as others have said the poor quality control that lets faults out to the marketplace - bent exhausts, decals not positioned correctly, etc. Unfortunately this means that you have to have a good look through the models on offer sometimes to pick a good one, as I had to with the 7000.

One final thing, you must have heard before, Please re design the rear hitch to make it able to lift implements and hold them in the raised position.

Thanks  Mark.

Thanks for the opportunity to give you some feedback Bill.

For me I'd say the best release last year was the Deere 8630 Plow City :-* and the Ford 7000. Its great to see more 1/32 70's & 80's tractors being introduced.

The Case IH Puma was also a model I was pretty impressed with, and I'm looking forward to getting a NH T7000 when they become available.

The worst.....well not a model, but as others have said the poor quality control that lets faults out to the marketplace - bent exhausts, decals not positioned correctly, etc. Unfortunately this means that you have to have a good look through the models on offer sometimes to pick a good one, as I had to with the 7000.

One final thing, you must have heard before, Please re design the rear hitch to make it able to lift implements and hold them in the raised position.

Thanks  Mark.

Yea bloody hell fix the hitches!!

I don't see how you can blame ERTL for the "tacky" gold paint on the signature tractors, after all they are only models of prototypes that exist in full scale. If you want to blame someone then blame Case IH.

I already have blamed CASE but it was ERTLs decision to make the model wasnt it!  Anyway im only having a laugh, I think Ertl/Britains have had an exceptional year with JD,NH & CASE models :D  Keep up the work :)

hello Bill

Good to hear from you the best model for 2007 is the john deere 9630. For the worst like other people said quality control and i don/t talk about tires the wrong way bud about buying new tractors in box with damage strange.For exemple the j.d.9630 i open 8 boxes to find a corect one at home i unpacking it inclusive  a 9530 well what do i find scratchsis at the widows with both tractors includig a other 9630 and a loose part of the roof of the 9530 inside the cab .Strange for new tractors in a box and a did not touch them by myself i do not like this ertl is making great stuf even they are toys .Bud we are collecters and like a model without a scratch .When a was looking at the dealer i saw that a lot of 9630s has problems like black spots on the hood, on the roof ,or the green paint isn/t even [green paint spots].I open only boxes from ertl because i had this problem before. The last 2 years it is getting the wrong way in the past you could buy a tractor and open it at home no problem but now.It is not only with the john deeres also with case stx  open 10 boxes and you will find one perfect one without any damege .