Best and Worst of 2007

Bill Walters

Was the 1505 bought out in 2007 Bill ???

Well... assuming it was.... I LOVE IT... a superb model.... especially our "fully loaded" European model... so thanks for that.... my question is... why did the States get a less detailed model of the 1505 ??? (although... it has to be said... I bought both... and the USA model does still have a certain "appeal" to it )

if it wasn't a 2007 model.... then oop's sorry.... but I still love it  :-[

What dissappointed me....

I can't seem to find any more old classic and vintage MF models in your 2007 catalogue  >:(:D :D :D

Hop on a plane Bill... come around my house for a cuppa and a gingernut biscuit... and I'll give you some pointers on the next FEW Masseys we need to do  ;)

well personally i think you have had a great year  bill, lots of new models out, seems like lots more in the pipeline to. the only dissapointment for me was the long awated ford 5000 and its fellow models in the series , after your great jds like the 4020, persoanlly i felt it was a backwards step with its lack of steering, and poor quallity control on final production ,with its wonky arches, dodgy decals bent fitting, pretty sure you saw the post on her eabout them, so much was promised but as a collectors model it kind of fell over at the last hurdel  

really hope that any future "classic " models planned have ironed out htese problem and you keep going forward at the pace you have this year otherwise

thanks for taking the time to ask too, much appreciated by all the members

Worst for me personaly is the JD8630 Plow city edtion, The QC realy let this model down, expecialy with it been a Limted edtion

The best I have brought from the 07 line up was the JD 8430, Leaves its brother for dead in the looks, i cant fualt mine, the box is more appealing and it even has a Dvd with it

Im going to say the best thing was the ford classics

not that they are my favoret but it makes a change

from the deeres in the past

the only bad points are some QC issues and no steering

on some of these models/toys

im sure in time these will be resolved

all the fords produced are nice models/toys and i hope

we see more makes of british classics soon from RC2  ;)

I hope this helps Bill ;)

Worst for me personaly is the JD8630 Plow city edtion, The QC realy let this model down, expecialy with it been a Limted edtion

The best I have brought from the 07 line up was the JD 8430, Leaves its brother for dead in the looks, i cant fualt mine, the box is more appealing and it even has a Dvd with it

a lot of problems this year have been Quality Control issues with release of models.

There were broken mirrors

Missing mirrors

wheels etc. on backwards

Decals not fitting correctly

droopy bonnets on the Fords

As Sean said, the Ford release seemed to be a step backwards?, the JD sprayer was also a litle dissapointing when you compare it to Sikus Amazone version as well as the new JCB fastrac and the new drill (could have looked more like the real model) :-\ :-\

on the other hand, i loved the precision JD's (8430, 8530), my first buys in that area! :) :)...thank you!!

I like the older Britains Ford tractors 5000 & 6600 and the new one released in 2007 were very dissapointing especailly no front steering and no conections on the rear to take the older shawnee poole dump trailer

My favorite models have to be The Case Puma , Case quadtrac and the JD 9530 artic which as just joined my collection

More like that please Bill

Another concern I have about Packaging I HATE those wire ties used when packaging britains and ertl you do use other types like the one used on the Puma show tractor no ties just sensable packaging.

I like the older Britains Ford tractors 5000 & 6600 and the new one released in 2007 were very dissapointing especailly no front steering and no conections on the rear to take the older shawnee poole dump trailer

My favorite models have to be The Case Puma , Case quadtrac and the JD 9530 artic which as just joined my collection

More like that please Bill

[glow=red,2,300]Another concern I have about Packaging I HATE those wire ties used when packaging britains and ertl [/glow] you do use other types like the one used on the Puma show tractor no ties just sensable packaging.

Its a sign of the times with the DREADED WIRE TIES

last christmas it took me 3/4 of an hour to unpack a ROBO SAPIEN  :D;D ;D >:(

these wire ties are here to stay we ,all hate them im sure the manufacturers hate them aswell but they do prevent most transit damage from happening  :'(

there must be another way of doing it Siku can manage it so why cant Britains Ertl Uh then ?

I know i am flogging a dead horse here but its still worth a try.

the uh way is pretty good, well held and very easy to remove wire to, very soft metal so easy to do

the worst thing was those front axles on the fords, a big let down on a good model. all the jd models were very good, and so with the case and ford t7000  . not sure about these slurry tankers either :-\ looking forward to the 2008 models.

I'd say the CNH tractors have been a good hit, QC let me down on the fenders on the front of my T6 series though. As far as funtion and detail go though, excellent I reckon. My Plow City Deere made it here without a scratch and that is an absoloute gem of a model - not in the least bit out of place alongside my Precision 1/32 Deeres.  :)

On that note, the 8430 on duals I think was an unfair release, the previous two were one off moulds for that one tractor (9520T and 8400) and that added to the fact it was a Precision release. I had the 8530 as a present and was over the moon but to see RC2 go down familiar rebadging routes to get another sale with this high end model really bugged me. Felt a bit like the RC2 marketers were exploiting the persective buyers as they would feel the need to have the dualled up 8430 rather than want it.  :(

Bill.... just a bit more customer feedback for you in the packaging front...

Get yourself an MF Snowmobile from the "Long Tree Creek" manufacturing company and have a look at what they have done.... In my opinion... Their packaging is both unique and superb.... they even use it as a selling point on their flyer.

For your information... my snowmobile arrived for the states still in-tact.... and I dropped the box as well  :-[ - so I can vouch for it's "durability and functionality"  ;)

Worth a look I reckon - go give it to your R&D team and tell them it was your idea  :)

Bill, Another thought on packaging, everyone seems to hate the wire ties, so why not use the style of package insert that the Toyfarmer 4x4's use, simple , but they cradle the model safely, with little chance of damage. By the way ,I think this years Case 2470 is one of the best models ERTL have done to date, I'm just waiting for an Agcostar to the same standard.

Bill, Another thought on packaging, everyone seems to hate the wire ties, so why not use the style of package insert that the Toyfarmer 4x4's use, simple , but they cradle the model safely, with little chance of damage. By the way ,I think this years Case 2470 is one of the best models ERTL have done to date, I'm just waiting for an Agcostar to the same standard.

Well said

Bit of repetition but....

Best thing for me was discovering the 1/32 precisions - bug caught - please keep this line going in the face of the plethora of manufacturers with high detail models.

Worst thing has to be the QC - there are too many school boy mistakes being made - we can all be critical of model features but to get, for example, the decals wrong is inexcusable.

Thanks for your comments.  I hate wire ties as well.  We're trying......

I'm hoping I can get my boss to let me take a trip to England and meet some of you first hand.  My last time in the UK was in 1987 when I was in the Air Force.

My hope is that our models in 2008 are even better than 2007.

I did see another posting asking who I was.  For those of you who don't know me, I am the Managing Director of the Ertl brand for farm and construction and Off-road (Off-road is defined as ATVs, snowmobiles, etc..)  As Managing Director I'm responsible for the day to day marketing, engineering, graphics of our farm toys sold in North America.  I am not responsible for Britains, or determining what is produced for Europe.  My team does help in the tooling and design of some 1/32nd models.

Thanks,

Bill

Personally I was well pleased with my JD78/7930 tractors & CASE210  the Quadtrac is pretty impressive but top marks go to T7060  purely because the super steer front axle works so much better than 2006 T8040.

Low marks for me go to CASE signature tractors just because the Gold paint looks so horrible & TACKY!  Thankfully the CASE products coming to UK dealers this year will all be original "as nature intended" and no gold paint insight ;D

Well Bill, I'm not going to give you a many complaints, we've seen a lot of new releases over the last year or so. My only concern with RC2 models these days is Quality Control which does leave a lot to be desired at times, silly little things like misformed parts on models which is possibly down to how the parts are stored after moulding etc, bent exhausts on the new fords, most likely because they've been stacked on top of each other in a stillage before being boxed?? I don't know the cause of the problems but I'm sure they could be solved with a little investment of time.

Other than that, keep up the good work!!

I for one will be keeping my eye's peeled to see what you will present us with over the next year or so!  :)