my great uncel george martin died toaday at 87 years old :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your sad news, especially as we were only talking about the family over the last few days. I'm not sure if he was the one of the two I knew through Sussex Tractors or whether any of his family would remember me, but if you remember would you please pass on my condolences to his relatives. The two I knew were father and son. The son had fair to slightly ginger hair and a slightly freckled face, and would probably be in his early forties now.

There's never a good time to die, but I'm sure he would have enjoyed his life, and eighty seven is probably as good or better than most of us could hope for.

It would be interesting to have heard the stories he could tell about how he remembered farming when he was young, and the contrast between how things were when he was young and how they are now. It's also worth remembering that he hasn't wasted his life, and has left his family a fairly secure future on some reasonably good farmland. As is often said, death is sad when that person is no longer with you, but he would probably want you to celebrate his life rather than mourn his departure.

Chin up little chap, and think about he good times, past and future. Just in case anyone remembers me, please be kind enough to pass on my condolences to his family, from Will Southgate, formerly of Sussex Tractors. I was a trucker and a sales rep for them.  :)

thanks luke

I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your sad news, especially as we were only talking about the family over the last few days. I'm not sure if he was the one of the two I knew through Sussex Tractors or whether any of his family would remember me, but if you remember would you please pass on my condolences to his relatives. The two I knew were father and son. The son had fair to slightly ginger hair and a slightly freckled face, and would probably be in his early forties now.

There's never a good time to die, but I'm sure he would have enjoyed his life, and eighty seven is probably as good or better than most of us could hope for.

It would be interesting to have heard the stories he could tell about how he remembered farming when he was young, and the contrast between how things were when he was young and how they are now. It's also worth remembering that he hasn't wasted his life, and has left his family a fairly secure future on some reasonably good farmland. As is often said, death is sad when that person is no longer with you, but he would probably want you to celebrate his life rather than mourn his departure.

Chin up little chap, and think about he good times, past and future. Just in case anyone remembers me, please be kind enough to pass on my condolences to his family, from Will Southgate, formerly of Sussex Tractors. I was a trucker and a sales rep for them.  :)

i think you new my grandad joe martin who passed away 3 years ago he had a number of children who are now my uncels and auntys

but i think you are talking about my uncel michael who now works on the farm

i will tell them about you and ask them thats was a great speach really cheered me up thanks

thanks luke

i think you new my grandad joe martin who passed away 3 years ago he had a number of children who are now my uncels and auntys

but i think you are talking about my uncel michael who now works on the farm

i will tell them about you and ask them thats was a great speach really cheered me up thanks

Thanks for jogging my memory. Joe certainly rings a bell, and so does Michael. Sorry to hear about your grandad Joe too. Sometimes I deliver oil to the house beyond the farm, so I shall look out for Michael and hopefully stop for a chat. I really like talking to farmers; they're my kind of people.  ;):)

Thanks for jogging my memory. Joe certainly rings a bell, and so does Michael. Sorry to hear about your grandad Joe too. Sometimes I deliver oil to the house beyond the farm, so I shall look out for Michael and hopefully stop for a chat. I really like talking to farmers; they're my kind of people.  ;):)

make sure to tell him that you no me

Condolences Cerin, all the best to you mate

Thanks mate

Condolences Cerin

And also to youre family

sorry to hear that mate im sure had a good 87 years :) :)

Sorry to hear your sad new Cerin sweetheart - keep your chin up.

sorry to hear of your loss cerin

and coming back off my travels to find you lot have taken over the web 16 pages of unreads :P

sorry to hear that mate hope everything is ok with you and your family :)

thanks it really cheers me up when sum one else cares

Dead calf ;( Only a few days old the poor bu66er, meningitis. Boss is off to the dairy farm next door to adopt one. :(

Where did the bacteria come from - we had a 600kg Angus bullock get that about 10 years ago - vet told us must have been a bit of clay in the silage and he was teething at that stage as well :(

Don't know Colm. It's the first time I've come across it to be honest. I know these animals end their time on a plate but when the poor bu66er don't even get a chance after Mums carried him for 9 months it's always such a shameful waste.

Don't know Colm. It's the first time I've come across it to be honest. I know these animals end their time on a plate but when the poor bu66er don't even get a chance after Mums carried him for 9 months it's always such a shameful waste.

Well as long as the mother takes to the foster :(;)

think so spaind my arm

Good for you sweetie... I don't want to be encouraging voilence, but it was the only way I stopped being bullied at school (got detention for it I seem to remember - worth it though ;)) - can't see standing up to bullies would change much over the years as a useful way of putting a halt to it :-\

Good for you sweetie... I don't want to be encouraging voilence, but it was the only way I stopped being bullied at school (got detention for it I seem to remember - worth it though ;)) - can't see standing up to bullies would change much over the years as a useful way of putting a halt to it :-\

i did not get a detention