I don't know if we need another topic in this vein, but here goes.

What made me sad today was seeing something in the middle of a narrow main road on top of the white line. It was peeing down with rain and there was a lot of spray from the vehicles. As I approached it I realized it was a rabbit with myxamatosis. The poor little sod was sitting on the white line and was absolutely soaked. It must have been frozen with fear and the cold. I thought to myself, what an absolutely miserable way to end a life especially for such a beautiful animal.

Yes I realize in the eyes of farmers they are a pest and should all be exterminated; but there's no denying that they are amusing, fascinating and beautiful animals, and absolutely nothing deserves to die in such misery.  :( :(

Couldn't agree more....

You did put it out of this said misery though right?!

I'm sorry to say and ashamed to admit that I didn't end its misery. Being the coward I am and having a drivers instinct to avoid anything in the road; it was too late when I realized what it was, to do anything about it. In spite of my farming background; I haven't killed anything bigger than a rat, and I'm always afraid I will add to a poor animals suffering by not using the right technique to end its life. I would be more inclined to pick it up and take it to a vet to have it put down. How's that for cowardice.

Now I'm ashamed. :( :( :-[

I'm sorry to say and ashamed to admit that I didn't end its misery. Being the coward I am and having a drivers instinct to avoid anything in the road; it was too late when I realized what it was, to do anything about it. In spite of my farming background; I haven't killed anything bigger than a rat, and I'm always afraid I will add to a poor animals suffering by not using the right technique to end its life. I would be more inclined to pick it up and take it to a vet to have it put down. How's that for cowardice.

Now I'm ashamed. :( :( :-[

Don't be, I'd be just the same in that situation.  ;)

animals are my weak point too, hate seeing them suffering no matter what they are even a rat, ive killed a good few by pure accident when driving machinery and ive always felt bad  :-[ the worst was in new Zealand and discing cos the rabbit burows were always just under the surface ud end up discing over one with a rabbit in side and turning it up. more often then not it wouldnt be a straight kill but it would be severly injured the worst bit was going to put it out of its missery as you could see how scared it was!!!!

there was also one incident there involving some ducks and about 6 ducklings, i was discing again and saw them walking around even took a few pictures of them but they couldnt get over the ruts very easily as they were too small so i said id go to another field for a while to give them a chance to go away. anyway the next day came around and i had a small bit to finish in the second field before going back to the original one, working away for awhile when on one pass i noticed two parent ducks walking around an area i had already gone over so i got out to have a look and after a bit of investigation i found four dead ducklings. i guessed they were the same ducks as the day before so searched around for a while and found the other two babies still alive cowaring in some grass....... the grass was in line with my next pass  :o so managed to save two at least but i was disgusted for the rest of the day.

i go clay pigeon shooting sometimes but only ever went duck shooting once and did kill a couple and im defidently sorry i did it, strict no shooting policy on our land now, and while dumping earth today in one of our fields i must have spotted 7-8 phesants, lovely birds. i dont mind shotting if youll eat it after but shooting just for the sake of it im pretty much against that well where the animal isnt distrupting crops etc anyway.

killing a dog would be the worst of all, a few years ago i found 3 pups tied up in a bag and trown into a river, i climbed down to get them where i found one had drowned. the otheer two were still alive and beautiful dogs which im happy to say found a home, how some one could just throw them over like that though is beyond me.

animals are my weak point too, hate seeing them suffering no matter what they are even a rat, ive killed a good few by pure accident when driving machinery and ive always felt bad  :-[ the worst was in new Zealand and discing cos the rabbit burows were always just under the surface ud end up discing over one with a rabbit in side and turning it up. more often then not it wouldnt be a straight kill but it would be severly injured the worst bit was going to put it out of its missery as you could see how scared it was!!!!

there was also one incident there involving some ducks and about 6 ducklings, i was discing again and saw them walking around even took a few pictures of them but they couldnt get over the ruts very easily as they were too small so i said id go to another field for a while to give them a chance to go away. anyway the next day came around and i had a small bit to finish in the second field before going back to the original one, working away for awhile when on one pass i noticed two parent ducks walking around an area i had already gone over so i got out to have a look and after a bit of investigation i found four dead ducklings. i guessed they were the same ducks as the day before so searched around for a while and found the other two babies still alive cowaring in some grass....... the grass was in line with my next pass  :o so managed to save two at least but i was disgusted for the rest of the day.

i go clay pigeon shooting sometimes but only ever went duck shooting once and did kill a couple and im defidently sorry i did it, strict no shooting policy on our land now, and while dumping earth today in one of our fields i must have spotted 7-8 phesants, lovely birds. i dont mind shotting if youll eat it after but shooting just for the sake of it im pretty much against that well where the animal isnt distrupting crops etc anyway.

killing a dog would be the worst of all, a few years ago i found 3 pups tied up in a bag and trown into a river, i climbed down to get them where i found one had drowned. the otheer two were still alive and beautiful dogs which im happy to say found a home, how some one could just throw them over like that though is beyond me.

I'm glad I'm not the only softie. We once had a discussion about vegetarianism, and I said I felt like a hypocrite because I eat meat and would have to be starving to death before I could kill something to eat.

I would either try and frighten it to death or follow it round till it died and then eat it. What am I?  :-[;):D

While doing our weekly shop, I bumped into a young lad who used to be a regular visitor to my workshop during his lunch hours at school.

Not long after he left school he went to Plumpton Agricultural College to start a course as a tree surgeon. During the first year he fell badly on his elbow suffering a serious compound fracture, which prevented him from finishing his first year. He went back the following year and during his course he developed problems and was diagnosed as having a brain tumour. This was operated on and found to be benign and told that everything should be ok. He recovered with no apparent side effects and went back for a check up; only to discover that the tumour was growing again.

He had an operation in February last year, by what is supposed to be the top surgeon in the country; who has now told him that all the tumour has been removed, and hopefully it shouldn't return.

Sadly for Phil, it had a price this time. The operation has affected his speech but that should improve with time. I suspect it may have affected his hearing too.

It's really sad for what was such a fit and healthy young man, to be deprived of the enjoyment of what should be the best years of his life. He was always very pleasant and polite, and has never been in any trouble of any sort. He deserves better.

As a non practicing Christian, I wondered if anyone with a better connection to God (Seriously) than I have; would be kind enough to say a prayer for a young lad called Phil Richard from Uckfield in the hope that he may enjoy a long, healthy and happy life. He certainly deserves it. Thank you.  :)

Watching my boss try to put a bullock out of its missery with a 9 mm pistol shot it about 6 times in the head and was still kicking

he was a frickin girl shootin it from about 10 ft away instead of puttin the gun to its head

should ave just got my 12 bore out and done the job properly

Watching my boss try to put a bullock out of its missery with a 9 mm pistol shot it about 6 times in the head and was still kicking

he was a frickin girl shootin it from about 10 ft away instead of puttin the gun to its head

should ave just got my 12 bore out and done the job properly

No doubt that image will stay with you for a long time and regularly come back to haunt you.

This is what I was talking about when I said I was a coward; scared to try and put something out of its misery for fear of increasing its suffering.  :(

....killing a dog would be the worst of all, a few years ago i found 3 pups tied up in a bag and trown into a river, i climbed down to get them where i found one had drowned. the otheer two were still alive and beautiful dogs which im happy to say found a home, how some one could just throw them over like that though is beyond me.

Some years ago my dog would not allow me to pass a garden fence at the side of the road. Hauling myself up I saw a kitten trapped in a dead end triangle formed by the house, fence and a brick shed.  The kitten was starving and filthy, about 6 weeks old and the only way it could have got there was that someone threw it over the fence.  Two weeks earlier a friend had found two 4-week old kittens in a plastic carrier bag, knotted up and left in an alleyway.  She found homes for those but it seems they came from the same litter.  My dog, when we got home with the kitten, spent an hour cleaning it.  

He was most upset when we took it to a lady who gave it a home.  We couldn't keep it because our CAT hated it.

She had been reared by a dog from 12 days old and was a dog to all intents and purposes.

Thats the thing with this country out here in the middle of nowhere theres no regulations as to speak of farmers can pretty much do as they please

no health and saftey no NRA no animal welfare i know they are all a pain in the Arse but

still it keeps farmers on the best behaviour most of the time

Just like all our cattle are put into dirt pens and thats where they stay to fatten up i think its a crap way to treat livestock living in a pen full of sh!t and out side when the weather is freezing cold  icy and snowy

these farmers over here think they have it hard they should try farming over in europe then they would know what farming is really like

>:(:-[ :'( :'(

Finding another Claas Direct Disc head on Ebay.de that sold for quite a bit less thna I got mine, then finding another, and another  ??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :( :( :(

Never mind...

Missing the chance to rub salt in Jez's wounds and buy of these  :D :D :D :D :D