Hearing the sad news of the death of Harry Patch. Read his book earlier this year and it's a great little story of his life. Being a localish chap I knew many of the places he wrote about.

Hope the 'ol chap is restful. :'( ;)

Hearing the sad news of the death of Harry Patch. Read his book earlier this year and it's a great little story of his life. Being a localish chap I knew many of the places he wrote about.

Hope the 'ol chap is restful. :'( ;)

is that the "last tommy" guy tris???

Losing a third kitten in our litter of two week old Bengal crosses. Our cat had a litter of six, two white ones, two black ones, and two with Bengal markings.

All the kittens were healthy when they were born, and then the mum seemed to have a cold for a couple of days, which obviously got passed on. As is often the case; colds turn into pneumonia, and kittens just aren't able to cope with such a serious illness.

We have another kitten which was gasping its last breath last night and we thought she was going to die. In a fit of desperation, we put some Vick vapour rub in a cup of boiling water. This worked wonders and she's still hanging on at the moment, although we don't hold out much hope for her. The two largest kittens are a bit "Snuffly" but seem to be coping at the moment.

I know many of you have suffered greater losses than this, for which I offer my deepest sympathy, but as it says at the top........ It's what made me sad today. 

....    I know many of you have suffered greater losses than this, for which I offer my deepest sympathy, but as it says at the top........ It's what made me sad today. 

If you take an animal into your home and life you take on a duty of care.  Because they are animals it does not mean they are less worthy of sorrow.

Hope the other kittens get better, Will

Hearing the news that Sir Bobby Robson has died.

very very sad day for footie, was lucky enough to meet his several times when i was younger when i went to some  ipswich matchs , was always ready to talk and meet anyone who approached him ,guy at works son was at newcastle as a youth player when he was manage to, and he said exactly the same thing about him

My older brother at 71 and his second wife adopted 5 grandchildren and it appears now the 5th child was a Meth Baby meaning born with drugs in their system.....They have her in a treatment center near where I live and stopped to ask me about my experience working with children who had attempted suicide.  Much of the behavior in meth babies do not manifest themselves until they are teens..There is a lot oppositional behavior, personality disorder, suicide id eation etc etc.....Basically these teens are not "wired" correctly probably the best way to explain it........there is a part of the brain that did not get to develop in a normal way and it's in the area of the brain where we get our conscience, emotions, values and judgement.....often these kids are in prison before 16 years of age....their grandchild is 14 now.........ugh it is an ugly business...................sad day to see and thought my days of dealing with it was long gone.....

• 2 weeks later...

heard of a local lad who worked for my cousin a few years back lost 3 toes when he was fixing an extendable hitch on a jd he had been shown by a fella that if you loosen a bolt with an allen key with the tractor ticking over it will go in but its in a weird spot so he stood on the hitch while reaching fro it the hitch snapped in of a shot catching his ffoot and steel toe cap in it the had no where to balance on so he fell backwards the fire brigade were called he was rushed to hospital where he lost his little toe in but becuse the steel toe cap curled in it damaged the other 2 (big toe side in charge of your balance seemingly) so hes going to loose those too it looks like they said if he had been wearing wellies or runners it would have been a clean cut and lost on ly 1 or 2 which may have been abl to be fixed but the boots did the damge he'll have a bad limp for the rest of his life sadly and hes always been a real character whenever you meet him

heard of a local lad who worked for my cousin a few years back lost 3 toes when he was fixing an extendable hitch on a jd he had been shown by a fella that if you loosen a bolt with an allen key with the tractor ticking over it will go in but its in a weird spot so he stood on the hitch while reaching fro it the hitch snapped in of a shot catching his ffoot and steel toe cap in it the had no where to balance on so he fell backwards the fire brigade were called he was rushed to hospital where he lost his little toe in but becuse the steel toe cap curled in it damaged the other 2 (big toe side in charge of your balance seemingly) so hes going to loose those too it looks like they said if he had been wearing wellies or runners it would have been a clean cut and lost on ly 1 or 2 which may have been abl to be fixed but the boots did the damge he'll have a bad limp for the rest of his life sadly and hes always been a real character whenever you meet him

Sad to hear how people are maimed for life in a few seconds of thoughtlessness. I often work on my own repairing trucks, and sometimes wonder what I would do if I had an unforseen accident due to lack of forethought. I could be trapped or injured for hours before I was found.

Hope he makes a good recovery.  :)

Sad to hear how people are maimed for life in a few seconds of thoughtlessness. I often work on my own repairing trucks, and sometimes wonder what I would do if I had an unforseen accident due to lack of forethought. I could be trapped or injured for hours before I was found.

Hope he makes a good recovery.  :)

something like that happened the other day he was under a lorry jack slipped or something he was caught under it wife found him she was nurse so  kept him alive until the ambulance turned up he was airlifted to hospital but died on the way it must have been tough on the wife after she had kept him alive :-\

Losing a third kitten in our litter of two week old Bengal crosses. Our cat had a litter of six, two white ones, two black ones, and two with Bengal markings.

All the kittens were healthy when they were born, and then the mum seemed to have a cold for a couple of days, which obviously got passed on. As is often the case; colds turn into pneumonia, and kittens just aren't able to cope with such a serious illness.

We have another kitten which was gasping its last breath last night and we thought she was going to die. In a fit of desperation, we put some Vick vapour rub in a cup of boiling water. This worked wonders and she's still hanging on at the moment, although we don't hold out much hope for her. The two largest kittens are a bit "Snuffly" but seem to be coping at the moment.

I know many of you have suffered greater losses than this, for which I offer my deepest sympathy, but as it says at the top........ It's what made me sad today. 

Im sorry to here of your loss Will pets are part of the faimly orry for the delay in posting this

Im sorry to here of your loss Will pets are part of the faimly orry for the delay in posting this

Thanks for your kind words.  Sadly we lost two more after the original post; one of which would have had some stunning markings had he survived. Sadly with kittens; if they become ill in any way, their chances of survival are minimal.

The good news is that the surviving kitten seems to be doing well now and developing as we would have expected. She's now at the learning to run stage, and has discovered her claws and rapidly developing teeth.  :)

The good news is that the surviving kitten seems to be doing well now and developing as we would have expected. She's now at the learning to run stage, and has discovered her claws and rapidly developing teeth:)

I am sorry to hear about the other losses but glad you have a healthy one.  ButI hope she does not do what a kitten we had did which was run like a miniature rocket (she was only two inches or so long) around the room ON THE WALLS. 

Mind you she was unusual; we found her on the doorstep at around 12 days old, eyes just opened and in a sorry state.  We couldn't find out who had lost a kitten and it wasn't until some seven years later we discovered she was the daughter of a warehouse cat.  No wonder she was a wild kitten.

She ended up as a dog!  (At least she thought she was a dog having been reared by our bearded collie *****.) She was the alpha ***** in a pack of 5.

Just heard that my best girl friend Lucy has got breast cancer. She lives in Sussex and you would all love her because she used to milk cows. She is in Cornwall at the moment on holiday so luckily we can meet up on Sunday. She has to go home early to have the operation to have her breast removed. It's unbelievable how these terrible things happen to the all the best people. It makes me feel angry.