March issue of ct mag

There was a bit of magazine overload for me last night with both Classic Tractor and Tractor and Machinery arriving on the same day.

Anyway a rather nice write up and photos of the show at Penrith last year. In addition a rather interesting article on the last Farmall's from Doncaster. I though the black and white photo of the 8 wheeled lorry and 4 wheeler both with drags were excellent. In addition I liked how the crawlwers had been loaded sideways. I'm not too sure what makes the lorries were but perhaps the 8 wheeler was a Leyland Octopus and the 4 wheelr a Albion or Guy perhaps. Anyone else have any ideas?

Dear Tractorman810 and BBLQ092,

Thank you as ever for your kind words. Most appreciated. I too had tractor overload yesterday: CT and T&M but also profi as well! Lots to read.

Reference the piece on Wheatley Hall Road, we pushed the boat out on this one because I felt it was important to mark the plant's contribution to the UK tractor industry. I'm pleased with the outcome.

Regards

R Day

Classic Tractor