Griffiths 8/10 ton grain trailer

very nice mate, little tip for you if you do another, widen the holes on the chassis and the body ,that way when you repalce the origonal pin back to allow it to tip, the knurled pattern on the ends doesnt stick and cause the chassis arms to  break, that or use a similar size bit of brass,doesnt need a lot, even just a small round file a few turns will do it

Thanks for the kind comments lads,

Tris,I broke a bit of the trailer when I reassembled it so it needs to be done again properly.

Sean,thanks for the advice,I thought about doing that 10 seconds after I broke it :D I've used a slightly smaller rod that is a perfect fit know

should have told you, to be honest i forgot all about that problem till i saw your post, been a while since i did my last one now

Not to worry Sean,I'm looking forward to making another two soon as I have enjoyed doing this one so much and have learnt what to do different as I had to repostion the axles to take the trelles as they are slightly bigger diameter than the super's singles.

Maybe a richard western or west next ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...