Advice needed please... need a cement mixer for Fanny

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My neighbour bought one from someone who advertises regularly in th back of The Farmer's Weekly  - but it's not there this week  >:(

Wasn't too expensive, quite light and PTO driven and holds about 3 wheelbarrowfuls....... :)

Will try and find out the name.

Do any of the construction model manufacturers make a mixer???

Like a 1/32 model??

Its gonna be the only size fanny could work with he he

Ok joke... come out with you hands up...

we know you are in there somewhere...  ::)

Oh... and Rickaaaaaay...

Pwwwtthhhhh  :P

Quick update people..

Firstly... thanks for the advice.. now here is a sign of the times...

I ran teagle ... they wanted ?1400 for one of their mixers... they don't make a pto driven one any more... just the hydraulic drive... although he did tell me that before they stopped making the PTO model it was pretty much the same price...

So... I resigned myself to the fact I would need a second-hand model... alas.. I searched the net in-vein... not a flipping sausage...

So.... (sorry for two so's)... anyway (much better than so)... I purchased a copy of Farm Trader... as I do each fortnight... good "on-the-loo" reading... whilst flicking through I found a fella in Devon offering a "Danelander" mixer... new for ?420  :o

So... (thats 3 times now)... I thought I'd phone the chap up I bought my finishing mower off last year - remembering he had Danelander kit... For the record this chap is called PBMS in Hertfordshire

He told me he did have one... and it was on his website for ?600... but I could have it for ?550... in the words of Amie Winehouse... I said "no no no"  :D :D - now being a Fruiterer... we have an inbulit "haggling gland" ... so after many pregnant pauses on the phone... lots of calculator button taps... I finally secured the item for ?420  ;D

The only problem is... it was still in the packing crate... and by the looks of things it had been for some considerable number of years  :o - It must have taken me 3 hours to assemble... or should I say.. dissassemble, oil and re-assemble.... It's PTO driven with a hydraulic tip (ram for a toplink effectively) - sadly the pipe was full of rain water... needless to say it's currently drying out prior to fitting on Fanny  >:(

I had to cut down the PTO shaft by 2 inches as well.. a job I really really hate  >:( - It's been tested on Fanny... but the tipping bits not functional yet  :-\ anyway... enough waffle.. here's some pics of said mixer... loaded in the linkbox ready to work next week for a bit of concrete mixing  ;D

DSC_3076.jpg

DSC_3079.jpg