Broken Marston trailer

Big A

Has anyone else had problems with the marston silage trailer, when i took mine out of the box i realised it wouldnt tip, not only that but both the hignes at the back were cracked and broke off to easy and the chassis was cracked at the back. >:(

just wandered if it was a common fault or if i'd just bought a bad un.

I think you've been unlucky there jmgs22, They are not the best manufactured trailers around, but thats the worst case I have heard of. It sounds like that trailer has been damaged in transit to me if it was broken already when you received it As I doubt the model would have been packaged if it was damaged. The usual problems with the Marston trailer are with the tipping rams being too tight or to loose, infact there is a thread somewhere on the forum were we actually enlisted the help of a doctor for advice on the subject of the marston trailer who came up with a solution from what I remember.

must be me thats just unlucky then, : seems strange to me the box is perfect not even scuffed at that the corners as is usually found. Have to go and get the glue out and see what can be done.

probably could take it back but its not a short drive to the place were i bought it (cost more in petrol), prob take it with me the next time im out that way. i was just wanting to know if it was a common fault.

I can never understand why Britains made the chassis out of flimsy plastic and the body out of heavy die cast, it makes no sense. As for the rams, I've seen two and both had really stiff rams. You could break the chassis pulling them out, plus its hard to know when theyre up to the last, which isnt very high anyway. I also had the same problem with the rams on a JCB Farmaster, no amount of three-in-one oil would convince them to free up. As for your trailer jmgs22, theres no way I would accept that kind of breakage, even if I had to wait a while before I could bring it back.

8)

i once had a rotavator that broke many years. I bought it in the lake district, and wasn't going to drive all the way there from hereford.

i had the recight still, so i sent it direct to britains with a letter explaining the situation.

a few weeks later a had a new .

not sure if they still accept direct fault!!! could always ask

• 2 years later...