The official last day or whos got the periscope

batcher

Well i thought last day and all a few pics wouldent go a miss  ::) and what a hedge to end on  ;D

SUNP0012-5.jpg

SUNP0013-5.jpg

SUNP0014-5.jpg

SUNP0015-4.jpg

SUNP0016-4.jpg

SUNP0018-3.jpg

And before anyone comments on the top  ::)

SUNP0023-5.jpg

necks still sore now

SUNP0025-4.jpg

cleaned the window 5 times

SUNP0026-4.jpg

bit of build up  ;D

SUNP0029-3.jpg

got a bit of a wobble on now and again  ::)

SUNP0024-5.jpg

but was a tad wet  ;D

dam someone has nicked those sky hooks again  ;)

SUNP0019-3.jpg

SUNP0020-3.jpg

SUNP0022-5.jpg

SUNP0021-4.jpg

still the end result wasen't so bad  ::)

SUNP0030-1.jpg

SUNP0031-1.jpg

SUNP0032-1.jpg

SUNP0006-5.jpg

I'm sure every year there is more rubbish chucked out of windows :'(

SUNP0007-6.jpg

nice job ;) is it wash down and repairs now? i got finished last tuesday, greased flail up and coated all the underside of the head and skids with oil and the rotor shaft etc ;)  replaced a couple of bushes and pins also, need to change gearbox oil and hyd oil and filters when i get time. i will have to look for some work now till the 1st august, what will you do till then?

great hedge to finish with, i love a challange

nice job ;) is it wash down and repairs now? i got finished last tuesday, greased flail up and coated all the underside of the head and skids with oil and the rotor shaft etc ;)  replaced a couple of bushes and pins also, need to change gearbox oil and hyd oil and filters when i get time. i will have to look for some work now till the 1st august, what will you do till then?

great hedge to finish with, i love a challange

Erm no still more to go  ::) but i am looking forward to getting her off after filters oil and a new set of fails as they are worn out  ;D Then poo spreading grassland work arable possably then elephant grass work topping drilling  :o Then time for me round bailin  ;D

It looks like you have done this before thats nice work I wish I could do it. I was looking at the tractor picture It does not look like there is a saftey mesh on the flail side of the cab or is it not showing up with the camera. If it is not on what would the saftey boys say as I thought it was a legal requirement and the rules may be tighter than when I left the U.K. If it was me I think I would put one on what ever the law said. A friend had his life saved by a guard when he picked up something in the flail and it hit the cab like a large bullet. 

I had to go back and finish one little side today was getting to dark last night and there is a little prob with the field  ::)

steve1110-1.jpg

steve1109-1.jpg

slight touch of ridge and furrow  ;D

steve1108-1.jpg

boss recons i need a trimming course  ;D

steve1111.jpg

think i am getting the hang of trimming now  ;D

Triss it is a 5 foot head still got two days on one place then private jobs  ;D

Fordson major no i dont use mesh i like to see what i am doing more so when it is raining

i have never had a window break yet  ;)

re guards i belive if you the owner you dont need them but if ya employed you do by law :-\ i dont use them as im an owner driver but am thinking of fitting one at some point.

were i used to work we used to smash 3 to 4 side windows a year between 2 machines, insurance wont pay anymore due to no guards been fitted :o  i was driving for my ex boss the other day as a favor and a large brance sprung back and smashed the back window, i got showered in glass >:(

cant belive you have never broke a window :o

top job in the land and furrows, must be quick on the controls, is it a joystick?

Stevo you may have just tempted fate by saying you've never had one go pop!!  :D :D :D My mates uncle was out on Friday knawing through a branch, it snapped off crashed down on his cab snapping the mirror arm off and smashing the windscreen. He drove 20miles to the Whites at Marlborough, had a new one put in. Went back to his job. ... smashed the door out!!  :D :D :D

Stevo you may have just tempted fate by saying you've never had one go pop!!  :D :D :D My mates uncle was out on Friday knawing through a branch, it snapped off crashed down on his cab snapping the mirror arm off and smashing the windscreen. He drove 20miles to the Whites at Marlborough, had a new one put in. Went back to his job. ... smashed the door out!!  :D :D :D

I hope i haven't  ;D Last time the door went bang it took 4 days to turn up  :'( (in august the heat built the pressure up in the cab ) i've slacked the doors off a bit now  ;D Bet he was cursing all the way to whites  :o Things happen in threes  ::)

love trimming , just dissapear for days at a time , dont get hassled !

RE guards , see more people are useing large perspex sheets instead of mesh now  but on the 698 698T i used , we took one of the screws out of the window hinge , & made up a wiper on a threaded bar bent over on the inside , so if it rained you could just turn the bar  & wipe it manually from the inside  :D looked a bit strange but it worked , also bolted a bit of box section to the mudguard to the top of the cab which had hinges on the mesh frame so the frame wasnt bolted to the tractor, just wish that particular trimmer had the electric controls  :(