What do ya think about this chaps

Deeredriver

I think JD put their paint on one similar to this in the UK my boss had one and I was asking him how good they are for my friend over here in Canada who was looking at a used one. He said they are fine unless you have stoney ground and do not have to fix the bed I would think this could be said for any disc mower of this type though. Being a european machine in north America the parts may be more expensive than one made over here This is what we find In Canada so it may be worth asking with dealers about prices and availability of parts to be sure. 

stevos gaffa has a 4 / 4.5 m one that our jd runs up niceley and if we had front links we could run up the front one as well such a nice machine

It is a nice mower but very power hungery and very weak parts that dont last very long we have the 4 meter one  ;D

My father uses a 9/10 foot krone mower for all his mowing in the silage season and hes got excelent service out of it so he bought another one and when he was finnished with the old one he took of the condtioner and he uses it to mow hay weve also got a kuhn but its never seen any service yet as the krone never gives any trouble!

the kuhn is a much bigger mower its a bit rediculas when it comes to moving along the road as theres a fair distance between the drawbar and tractor but i hear there a good mower!

we orignaly used JF's but then bought a JD but i was told it was hard to turn with the type of linkage on the JD and i think he got a bit of trouble with it i forget as it was a long time ago!

thanks guys i showed him the pics and told him what a bloody good mower kuhn make asi ran one back at home when i lived over there there are 3 dealers not too  far away from us but its hard to put the sell on these yanks unless is a real popular brand they dont really show much intrest

he is looking at a 16ft new holland but i recon the kuhn is a way better machine  they want 14 grand for the new holland its a year 2000 machine this is a 2003 and they are asking 19,500 i would buy the kuhn if it were down to me but we will we defantly need a new mower for this year

oh yea forgot it will be pulled by either a 4755 or a 5760 jd so i recon it will power it ok

thanks

Nick

thanks guys i showed him the pics and told him what a bloody good mower kuhn make asi ran one back at home when i lived over there there are 3 dealers not too  far away from us but its hard to put the sell on these yanks unless is a real popular brand they dont really show much intrest

he is looking at a 16ft new holland but i recon the kuhn is a way better machine  they want 14 grand for the new holland its a year 2000 machine this is a 2003 and they are asking 19,500 i would buy the kuhn if it were down to me but we will we defantly need a new mower for this year

oh yea forgot it will be pulled by either a 4755 or a 5760 jd so i recon it will power it ok

thanks

Nick

Hi Nick

I have been out of New Holland equipment for a few years now. do they still put the rubber rollers on the conditioners. If they do this may be a big problem now or later because the rubber comes off in chunks and the things are real expensive to change. There are loads of older ones for sale up here in Canada  in sales and on dealer lots that do not make much for this reason. It may be worth the boss finding out from somebody in the know as they may of improved them or made them worse as seems to be the way now a days. He might be better off with the Kuhn as you say.

Hey fordson major

yes the new holland has the rubber rollers i still think the kuhn is the best choice

right now we have a sickle type mower with the rubber rollers but that thing is just scrap right now

ha ha!

where abouts in canada are you?

in in Nebraska right on the kansas line

nick

The JD used the KUHN bed in the late 80s/early 90s but don't know if they still do. JD built the rest themselves,'will send Markie a pic to post up of Rod our mower man doing a backing swathe at my home farm at that time.

Markie report...

Pic received...

Photobucket was down when I was at work... will post first thing tomorrow am  ;):-[