Massey Ferguson 8260

TM190

Mf never made MF8260 with that style bonnet so its "WRONG"  only 8270 & 8280 were produced at that size (check your MF8200 brochure)

8260 has same bonnet as current 6499 (with different decals ;))

The current 8460 DOES have the big bonnet design but not the old 8260 >:(

Dont be mugs "its inaccurate"  leave it on the shelf, save your money & wait for UH too make an exact replica of the forthcoming  8400 replacement  tractor series (so my MF salesman friend tells me ;))

Mf never made MF8260 with that style bonnet so its "WRONG"  only 8270 & 8280 were produced at that size (check your MF8200 brochure)

8260 has same bonnet as current 6499 (with different decals ;))

The current 8460 DOES have the big bonnet design but not the old 8260 >:(

Dont be mugs "its inaccurate"  leave it on the shelf, save your money & wait for UH too make an exact replica of the forthcoming  8400 replacement  tractor series (so my MF salesman friend tells me ;))

I think your wrong there, the 8260 and 8280 had the same style bonnets whilst the bonnet on the 6499 has considerable differences.

Right you lot here comes the case for the defence :D

Ive rummaged through my extensive photo back catalogue & come up with these proofs that 8260s in the UK came with different bonnet too 8270/80 models.

Exhibit 1.  I took this photo at OTLEY working demo day in Sept 99 on TNS stand :)

Joking apart I suspect we are both right and they made both styles, but possibly not for UK market!  Or if they did swap too larger bonnet they must have done it with the 8200 XTRA range that was launched in 2002!

Vesty switched too CASE in 2002/03 & returned to MF in 2006 so they never had xtra versions ;)

• 2 weeks later...

They made both stles of this bonnet but to add to bluegreens dates they are all roughly around the same time when the original 8200's the 8260 had same styling has 8250 but when the xtra range came out due to the increseased hp they put on the biger bonnet with more grills from 8270-80 models to improve the cooling hope this sorts things out for everyone