Just a couple of pics while out and about....

JC

It's an energy crop, although I can't remember which it is..... I know he has 300+ acres at the other side of the village down to myscanthus but this isn't that I don't think....  :-\

It's an energy crop, although I can't remember which it is..... I know he has 300+ acres at the other side of the village down to myscanthus but this isn't that I don't think....  :-\

is that the bamboo looking stuff mate??? know someone whos got about 200 acres of that growing at the min, takes 2 years to get it to the right condition apparently

• 1 month later...

PDC's Polish counterpart who took a wrong turn!

I'm glad this wasn't me, my yard is tight for space these days and a unit with 45 footer will just turn around in the yard and then back out the gate...this thing was a lot longer than that!

april08068.jpg

Nice load!! You didn't fancy making the driver a brew while one of your guys hoiked that mini digger off then Jase?!  ;)

All the case kit was headed to my mates place just around the corner Tris.... he's a dark horse.  :-\

Quite a load on there and I have never seen a lorry trailer set up quite like that before

Yeah, it looks to me like it is a car/truck transporter Bill if you take a closer look at the deck on the truck and trailer.  ;)

All the case kit was headed to my mates place just around the corner Tris.... he's a dark horse.  :-\

Yeah, it looks to me like it is a car/truck transporter Bill if you take a closer look at the deck on the truck and trailer.  ;)

Yes that is probably what it has been Jason. Having said that I would wonder who strong the lower decks would have be given it would have been designed for cars.

I must get a picture of a pal of mine trailer. He does heavy vehicle recoveries and has a tri-axle trailer which works in the same way as a brimex tipping body. The tri-axles also moves from the rear to almost the middle of the trailer. It can carry a artic unit plus trailer or even a bendie bus  ;D ;D. I must get a photo with a load on to post. At present he pullls it with an M Renault Magnum but he is soo fed up with that unit he has just bought a older unit an E reg 143 V8 Scania with loads of extras. Looks good and remarkable condition given its almost 20 year old.

That Scania is a classic Bill, the lads who pull for me have one in their garage which they take to shows. They've just bought a Scania T cab too, I'll pop up a picture of that later today.

That company bring alot of Daf chassis cab rigids and also tractor units over. I have seen them alot with a chassis cab on backwards with the rear end up over the cab and then a tractor unit on backwards behind it, with the fifth wheel under the cab of the rigid. Same on he trailer too I think. Brit European often return to europe empty, bar giving eachother piggy backs. That's quite fun to see!!

Anyway, Jase. ... T-cab, quick as ya can!! There's a good fellow  ;);D

That Scania is a classic Bill, the lads who pull for me have one in their garage which they take to shows. They've just bought a Scania T cab too, I'll pop up a picture of that later today.

My friend has removed alll the sign writing from it. It was a machinery remover called Bower. Bright red with gold panels twin crome stacks and a bull bar and crome windscreen stone guard. Needs some small cosmetics around the windscreen but apparantly that is a bad spot on them allt. He plans to use it for work initially but to keep it for shows in later years. He also has an older one a Scania 141 V8 I think. I got it wrong on the "new" one it is a G plate. On the older one he has it registered private and uses it to take older lorries to shows. He has a plate on it with three digits followed by AYR.... xxx AYR. At a show last yeat he was offerred by a chap from Ayr ?10k in the beer tent rising to ? 11k for truck and number  the following morning but he still would not part with it ;D ;D

Look forward to seeing the T cab Jason

Looks in good nick for its age Jason. We had a timber hauler up my way J&G Riddell of Glendkindie who had two of those long nose Scania's but not with such a high cab. Well a couple of months ago a driver who was leaving on the Friday overturned the lorry and load of logs and it was a right off. My pal recovered it but the owner Gordon was so upset he could'nt even come to see it. He has only the one now and I understand they don't make them any more.

Looks in good nick for its age Jason. We had a timber hauler up my way J&G Riddell of Glendkindie who had two of those long nose Scania's but not with such a high cab. Well a couple of months ago a driver who was leaving on the Friday overturned the lorry and load of logs and it was a right off. My pal recovered it but the owner Gordon was so upset he could'nt even come to see it. He has only the one now and I understand they don't make them any more.

That's correct Bill, that is the reason for my mate purchasing this.... it's a load of rubbish for manouverability though... he had to drop a trailer in the yard earlier in the week and use our yard shunter unit to turn it around and then stick the scania back under the trailer!!!