creek fen farm mk 2

toyfarmer

hi guys, this is my second attempt at creek fen farm. as you will see it is very much a work in progress but ithought i would post up some pictures to show my progress, please feel free to comment good or bad and any questions please ask  :) .

the first pictures show the overall view at the present time

P4120013.jpg

P4120012.jpg

P4120010.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the gravel for the yard is fine potting grit, the white foam i've used to form the verges is the stuff used for exspansion joints in brickwork and the grass on the verges is spring grass flock from a model train site called gaugemaster. for hedging i've used lichen and the longer old grass at the base of the is also from gaugemaster and bought as a mat about 8 inches by six inches in size, it is very flexable and can be stretched, i cut mine into 1/2 inch strips then stretched it out till it was about 1/4 inch wide and glued it into the bottom of the hedge

P4120011.jpg

P4120011-1.jpg

Dedication to the cause makes a man post pics at 7am. Great job already. Love the hedges and the styles of buildings you are incorporating. No doubt another nice layout in the making mate. Any Spalding purchases making it onto the farm?

on this timber framed shed i used some cheap glue bought from a market stall to glue the cladding on but it wasn't any good and the cladding keep peeling so i've stripped it off and started again. the left hand side has been partitioned off and this will become a small workshop/tool store

P4120005.jpg

the two cardboard tubes will eventually become grain silos

P4120023.jpg

Dedication to the cause makes a man post pics at 7am. Great job already. Love the hedges and the styles of buildings you are incorporating. No doubt another nice layout in the making mate. Any Spalding purchases making it onto the farm?

thanks mate these are my spalding buys

P4120020.jpg

Hiya Toy Farmer its looking good I like the way its laid out so you have a central postion.The hedging also looks very effective.That corrugated shed looks real the way its coloured

thanks ggg i'm very pleased how the shed is turning out  :)

It lookes very nice ;)

thanks coxy  :)

Just having a better look at the pics on PC now and there is something about your layout (the nissen hut and the brick built barn to the far right) that says 'didused airfield' to me. Was that intended or is by chance. Either way I like it, redundant MOD buildings make up a lot of farmyards in some parts of the country.  :) :)

Just having a better look at the pics on PC now and there is something about your layout (the nissen hut and the brick built barn to the far right) that says 'didused airfield' to me. Was that intended or is by chance. Either way I like it, redundant MOD buildings make up a lot of farmyards in some parts of the country.  :) :)

to be honest the airfeld connection is by chance, the buildings are based on buildings seen over the years, the weathered barn is based on one seen at emneth near wisbech, the nissan hut was from a smallholding at friday bridge where i went blackberry picking as a kid, the wooden shed awaiting cladding stands just off the wimblington bypass and the sloping roof shed was from at waldersea sidings where i used to go potatoe picking and riddling

• 2 months later...

had a trip over to tns at littleport  and picked up a new battery for the 595 which has been refusing to start after its winter hibernation also got a couple of rolls of film for the bale wrapper and two drums of hydrolic oil

P6260070.jpg

on the way back stopped in at collins brothers at chatteris and picked up the new kuhn disc mower

P6260069.jpg

here we have the 6180 and mower leaving the yard

P6260071.jpg

and working away in the field

P7110105.jpg

put the new battery on the 595

P6260078.jpg

then hitched the lely tedder