killing two birds with one stone out in oz

civilpek

ok clever idea, but how does he know if theres a prob with the baller for one,  like a bust twine or blockage, they dont look donky engine drive from the side shots i can see,but there doesnt look to be any pick up for the baller as i cant see straw on the floor between them either, would it be possible to power a baler of say the choppers parts at the back  and into the baller via a conveyor

what happens if the baler catches fire  :-[  :-\ that would be hell of a loss  :-\

wash your mouth out with soap!!

Forget the combines - how about collecting the bales at that speed!!

You can't always hit them correctly to turn them 90 degrees surely?

could cope the tractor if they were to spin in front of it!!!

ok clever idea, but how does he know if theres a prob with the baller for one,  like a bust twine or blockage, they dont look donky engine drive from the side shots i can see,but there doesnt look to be any pick up for the baller as i cant see straw on the floor between them either, would it be possible to power a baler of say the choppers parts at the back  and into the baller via a conveyor

Same way as you do on a standard trailed baler      The computer tells you

Not like the good old days when you had to watch everything from the cab ;)

As for powering the baler    Can't quite work it out as if it was powered by the combine it would eat up too much power as they need about 150 horses on a tractor

and as for donkey engine, can't see one dut that may be a fuel tank on the back of the baler unless it is an additive tank :-\

Having read this somewere before if a remember rightly the balers are driven off a large hydraulic motor on the combine, and if i can remember right the combine is fitted with a larger engine to cope with this.  I could proberly be wrong but think thats how its done ??? ???

I just can't see how anything other than a proper mechanical drive would be up to it.

Big balers take a lot of driving. It COULDN'T be driven of any existing combine drive, all the belt driven equipment or low volume hydraulic ancilliaries would not be anywere near man enough to drive it, probably even to turn it over empty!

Those HD PTO's are there for a reason!!

Same way as you do on a standard trailed baler       The computer tells you

As for powering the baler    Can't quite work it out as if it was powered by the combine it would eat up too much power as they need about 150 horses on a tractor

and as for donkey engine, can't see one dut that may be a fuel tank on the back of the baler unless it is an additive tank :-\

cheers scott, didnt know they fitted that stuff to balers now, always used to cranking the head round and listining for weird grinding noises when it went wrong in my day :D :D

Same way as you do on a standard trailed baler       The computer tells you

There appears to be an air cleaner and possibly an exhaust on top of the baler, so presumably it has an engine fitted somewhere, but I can't work out quite where.

Went looking just now and found the article in october 2007 profi magazine and the baler is driven by a bigger hydraulic motor off the combine which has been fitted with a bigger deutz engine case settled ;):):D :D