Tattie Planting 2008........

NewHolland2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice shots there Mart - looks like them drivers want to get down and start picking stones otherwise those forks will still have the paint on them :D :D

Thanks Colm........Believe it or not I've never actually seen any stones on them in all the years they've been contracted to do tatties here........ :D :D

great pics Mart, i hope you enjoyrd your early start!  ;D ;D ;D

Were they early or late tatties that were being planted Martin ???;D

I too planted my seven drills yesterday but didn't have any fancy kit like that to do it with ;D ;D

I too planted my seven drills yesterday but didn't have any fancy kit like that to do it with ;D ;D

thats just a bad bad joke! :D :D :D::)

great pics Mart, i hope you enjoyrd your early start!  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Ben, it was refreshing to say the least........ :D :D

Didn't see the labels on the boxes, but it's usually Nicola salad tatties he does Bill........ :) :)

Great picture there Martin as usual

They have not started on the tatties by us yet Benzies and Maxwell farms have been moving kit and boxes around up towards nairn so think they will be on with the earlies and the salad tatties.

Keep up the great pictures.

Cheers Ben, it was refreshing to say the least........ :D :D

Didn't see the labels on the boxes, but it's usually Nicola salad tatties he does Bill........ :) :)

I have never tried those ones Martin. The salad ones I grow and really like are pink fir apple even though they grow odd shaped and look like a freak tattie ;D ;D

http://www.britishpotatoes.co.uk/pink-fir-apple/

I know what you mean Bill, the Pink Fir Apples certainly are odd tatties........Had 3 dreels in our garden this year........Had a few that looked like people........ :D;)

Any like Ben or any other FTF member ??? ???

Don't think so Bill, should have taken some pics really, just dug the last of ours up at the start of the week........Already putting in the next crop though........ :);)

You are a bit LATE aren't you Martin  ??? ??? mine were planted days ago.

Bill we have not planted ours yet, it has just been too wet in Foggie.

Ridges are all ready now should be in by the weekend.

about 15 10ft rows to go in think we have about 7 varities

My veggie patch is the size of a postage stamp. Only 7 drills but I started digging it last Saturday and finished on Sunday and then put drills up and seed planted on Tuesday. I was speaking to my father at the weekend and he was saying that in the olden days when farm workers moved at term time it was May 28th and if they were moving to a new "fee" then they would only plant their tatties after they had moved. So you and Martin aint late yet ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...

well martin niven seems to be busy. is that 7830 a replacement for andys 7920 as i don't see it about. the farm we contract for at the planting and lifting has 120 acres near arbroath and about 150 up north to plant.ye martin our new 6830 is on a seperator,also bruntins has hired in an extra 3 deeres from nethertons for the planting.

Cheers lads, indeed thought I'd keep quiet on the cheering and swearing front for the videos this time....... :D :D

well martin niven seems to be busy. is that 7830 a replacement for andys 7920 as i don't see it about. the farm we contract for at the planting and lifting has 120 acres near arbroath and about 150 up north to plant.ye martin our new 6830 is on a seperator,also bruntins has hired in an extra 3 deeres from nethertons for the planting.

No Andy's 7920 was kicking around on the Grimme Bed Former, only got one pic (which wasn't a very good one) of it though Peter.......Looked like the 7830 was on demo as it was Niven himself driving it at one point and there were no Clova Farms signs or anything on it....... :-\ :)