1 Talbot Cottages

Simon

Oh what's the word I am thinking of .. .  don't you just hate it when you're about to say something and then forget what it was. ..

Got it!! Tosspot!!!!! :D :D :D

Am I jealous? Is a ducks. . .. Does a bear. ... Is the Pope. . .  I am jealous!!!  :o

I think that's the picture I texted you... looks alright doesn't it!

When you coming up in your wee van to see me then ???;)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thou shalt be up after Spalding sometime mate for sure. Yeah, same phote, nice to see it bigger. Looks really smart mate, bright, clear, spacious.. ..  I give it six months. Plastic offcuts everywhere, old models everywhere. Paintbrushes in solidified paint, dirty jars of thinners. ...  Or is that just my place?

I am so envious of that workspace you Simon very snazzy ;) and no excuse for

not whacking out loads of models.

Some of us only get a little bit of worktop in a cold old garage which always get covered up by

other members of the family's crap :D

Been there Jamie!

I've been using the kitchen table for the last 6 months and Mrs H has been going spare... for noisy or messy jobs I've had to go out to the shed... I was in there trying to solder brass at about -6 and that was enough to put anyone off!

I thought that I better just get on and get in the new room, especially with Colin's Renault to build, I was spending more time getting my gear out and packing up after than I was actually working on the darned things!

It's been a long time coming but I've had that space earmarked for a 'tractor room' since before the extension came out of the ground so it's fantastic to finally be in there ;) And it feels a lot bigger than I expected with the funiture in there... still have plenty of room to build some decent shelves too  ;);D

I might even get round to building some models :-\ :-[:D :D

Thanks Bren, been a long time coming! ;D

flippng hec Simon... that is a LOVELY space you have created there mate... like the rest of us... I am jealous... that would suit me down to the ground... Mrs F would NEVER see me then...

which would probably suit her down to the ground as well  :D :D

So... any new tools planned mate ???

Ta Marky, it's nice to have a bolthole to escape to where I can leave my stuff out... and it's nice and close to the bedroom so I can sneak out there in the night ;):D :D

New tools... always ;) Going to see what's at Spalding but I need a bench vice fairly urgently, would like a little compressor to run the airbrush rather than cans of propellant... other than that no specifics, will be whatever I drop on... quite fancy one of thise hot wire cutters, recon that would make my life a whole load easier on some jobs... I'm open to suggestions though ;):D

Well..... my ten penneth...

small pillar drill - with a cross vice fitted - amazing number of uses

small bandsaw - as I always say... a real asset in a small model makers workshop

bench mounted sander - as above really.. a MUST have accessory in my humble opinion..

Along with the usual selection of cramps as well... better than holding things whilst waiting for them to dry

Pillar drill - tempting, and if I start doing more in metal then I probably will get one. Plastics drill fine with a pin vice or little archimedes drill and that's about the limit of my expertise for now ;)

Bench mounted sander - they've got one in Aldi with a sanding belt one end and abrasive wheel the other... have asked Mrs H to get it for me when she's next in there ;D

I don't really do anything in wood so would I get much use out of a band saw?

I could do with a couple more sets of helping hands, without glasses, I use them in the 'spray booth' to hold parts up....