Another Marston Cut & Shut job

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmm..... try again......

I used the tims toys trellebergs on my marston variants.

Don't forget to reinforce the joint in that chassis as the plastic RC2 use does not bond together very well.

the yellow centers are 28mm x 11mm rubber resin tyres and white metal centers

the grey wheels are off the siku brantner trailer 35mm x 15mm, probally to big for this trailer

They are both nice sets Dan.  What are the yellow hubbed ones from?  Did you get the two sets off a model or were you able to buy just the wheels/tyres?

They are both nice sets Dan.  What are the yellow hubbed ones from?  Did you get the two sets off a model or were you able to buy just the wheels/tyres?

i got the yellow centers from henri walker, but i had the last few he had in stock as they are discontinued.  i think i have 12 but i would them cast as they could be usefull in quite afew conversions and scratch builds

[the yellow centers are 28mm x 11mm rubber resin tyres and white metal centers

the grey wheels are off the siku brantner trailer 35mm x 15mm, probally to big for this trailer

Where did the Brantners come from?  Off a model or did you get hold of just the wheels?

Mmmmmm lots of suggestions since I was last logged on yesterday, pity I've gone and painted the original wheels since then :D  Just have to see if something suitable crops up in the meantime, like I said, I dont want flotations, but will have to check out these vanto trailer wheels.

I've made a grain shute anyway :D

post-764-132638718099_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure Mark but I have the wheels off the new Siku front tyre packer in mind for a trailer build...

It's due out next month and should be good value for parts, I think it's 6 or 8 wheels / tyres and a front linkage...

Visually they're similar to the UH Kuhn MoCo wheels - which I think are the same as the Vanto  ???

I reckon they're pretty close on to the size fitted on our 8t mono and the back of our combine but I'll not be sure until I pick one up.

Thank you Jez, b_m and Tris :)

The drawbar Mr F, is a bit of 10mm keysteel that saw a quick bit of action in a milling machine, and a fair bit of filing this evening using a 6" flat and some needle files ;)