Another Marston Cut & Shut job

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks fellas :)

A cracking little job MD Ford ;),I prefer this size trailer as oppposed to all the biggun's that the model manufacturer's release.

Have you cut and re-used the orginal tailgate there and have you any plans to do any more work to her

Same here Jamie. Yes its the original tailgate with a little bit of necessary cutting and filing, with a couple of 1mm pins for hinges. I'd like to find some smaller wheels for it and do a better drawbar, brake and tipping hoses a few other little bits and pieces and spray the chassis black and re do the body green.

what did i start all those years ago :D :D now they are breeding

looks spot on to me mate, see you went for the best option ie cutting the back end off ,then shifting the old rear axel, did you notch the hole out so it can float up and down ,otherwise the back axel lifts of the deck when parked ;)

Great work mark.... a proper sized trailer - not these hooooooge ones we see today.  8t should be enough for everyone so far as I am concearned - back int good ol days.. when I were a lad... a 10t trailer was massive  :o

Now it's just a baby by some standards

I've often thought about the Vanto wheels for this type of trailer size Jez, I think Sean has too. Not sure if he or anyone else has tried it? If you could use the Vanto bed for another convo it could be quite a good use of the model.

I've often thought about the Vanto wheels for this type of trailer size Jez, I think Sean has too. Not sure if he or anyone else has tried it? If you could use the Vanto bed for another convo it could be quite a good use of the model.

Indeed ihave mate they are spot on for a older 7 / 8 ton trailer

Take the dolly from the front mate and make it a trailed one, with some wheels off the Britains keenan feeder.

I reckon those wheels for this trailer mate.  ;) ;) ???8)

Or what about the ones from the Ertl grain trailer???? Or the normal britains wheels?

Interesting wheel discussion going on here,  I had thought about UH Renault Ergos front wheels for this job as i just want normal sized wheels, not flotations - But unfortunately although they look right and the tyre tread pattern is good , they're a bit too small  ::)

This is the sort of thing I want in 1/32 ;)

post-764-132638717901_thumb.jpg

closest i have found are the vanto wheels, the uh eros wheels aint to bad, i have 2 sets on a mf 25m trailer i am making, and they are spot on for that, but as mark said just a little to small for the marston, have to say , i never thought about the britains kenans, as they are smaller than the standard ones, tred patterns prob wrong mind,but i guess that could be burnt in with a fine hot screwdriver ?? 

closest i have found are the vanto wheels, the uh eros wheels aint to bad, i have 2 sets on a mf 25m trailer i am making, and they are spot on for that, but as mark said just a little to small for the marston, have to say , i never thought about the britains kenans, as they are smaller than the standard ones, tred patterns prob wrong mind,but i guess that could be burnt in with a fine hot screwdriver ?? 

I think the tread is perfecr sean, it looks just right in my mind but i do use 14 tonne + trailers  ;) ;) :) :)

think gav had kenans in resin from memory at spalding, might be worth asking

I've got some resin Keenans from DT Sean (for another project), they would be a bit too big I think.  Can't find them at the moment to check.  I'd agree re the Vanto's, possibly the best option.