The adventures of Marky and Frankie the MF5445 - Born on 09.05.2008

That does look like some lovely black fen soil there mark and keeps getting bigger :D :D but nice trailer there perfect for that job but that drawbar looks as those its had plates welded around the drawbar like its cracked or shearded and plated back together ??? Or is that way it supposed to be mark?

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Marky........Frankie's keeping busy then........ ;)

The boss is looking at two 14 tonne Herron's just now to do a bit of hiring out, might make an interesting change........ :o

Thanks Mart.... Herons sound like fun mate.... I really enjoy flying around with my trailers I must say  ;D - keep us posted please

well... it's a nice day down here in sunny Cambridgeshire... so I thought I'd 'pop over' and get a load of my super, award winning sooty black topsoil....

so here we go...

IMAG0223.jpg

I've not sold this one... but at least I have it ready for when I do... probably won't sell it now for 100 years and it will rot the bottom of the trailer out  :o :'( :D :D

• 4 weeks later...

I've found a new use for Frankie in the last few days... my mate next door is clearing out his unit to sell... I've been compacting his skip with the bucket... you'd be amazed at home much it packs down with the loader  :o :o

IMAG0231.jpg

It doesn't look like it but the fronts are off the ground there

I took a look over my Bailey today and found this  >:( - new tyre coming up me thinks  :'( :'(

IMAG0229.jpg

and finally... here is 'pile 1' of my topsoil... I must have had 20-25 12t loads out of this heap... it's not made much of a dent really has it  :o:D :D

IMAG0230.jpg

Well it sure slackened mine off Nick that's for sure  :D :D :D

Got that smell out of your cab yet?

Did mrs f even try to clean your undies or just bin them straight away....

So the top soil is selling like jaffa cakes then?

• 1 month later...

I've been looking at this today (with a view to buying one MAYBE)..

IMAGE_259.jpg

IMAGE_261.jpg

It's a soil screening machine... I'm getting quite into this now... I've sold 80t for collection tomorrow (4x20t tippers),,, and It's looking like I may well be able to shift a fair chunk more... IF I get it screened I can turn it from a cheap. basic 'as dug' product into a much higher value product...

I've recently purchased the hopper to load into 1t bags, so I'm looking to see if I can create a high premium product ... anyone with experience of this line of work please feel free to give me the benefit of your wisdom... FREE of charge of course  :D :D :-*

1 ton dump bags should sell well mate, most down here are bulk loads, but i for one only need 1 ton to re-lay my turf and fill / re do the flower beds down the sides.but how will you deliver that, ton bag will need a flat bed unless you hook them of the back of the baileys with the pallet tines??

cheaper to off load with the pallet tines if your still local aint it??? or you spreading further afield now :D :D

well... I am considering the idea of national via palletways perhaps Sean... not sure what to do with it as yet... all I know is that I need it screened first of all  :-\