The adventures of Marky and Frankie the MF5445 - Born on 09.05.2008

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... we had to have the doctor out to frankie today.... I went for a little 'cruise' around the industrial estate... and found a stream of oil carefully mapping out my exact course  :o :o :o :o

Quick inspection located it pi... streaming out of the backend... somewhere behind the offside rear wheel... a quick call to my friendly local dealers.. and 30 minutes later a fitter was on-site...

Fearing the worst.. I went in for a cup of tea and a slice of cake...

Turns out it was just a pipe that came loose... phew... well... lets face it... it couldn't be anything serious now could it...

Must admit.. I thought I'd broke her in half... lifted 2t of carrots on the front.. with a 3t baler on the back  :-[

i had a 3090 that nearly broke in 2 ::):P :P

sterached the bolts a bit

:o - all too common I think... I went for the lowest capacity lift loader for that reason... and I've recently removed the weight from the front... 12x55kg !!! - Frankie has got to last me a few year... well... until I get enough money to buy a 6445  ;D

Get an old 850 combine and realy hold up the traffic around the yard Marky!.

If I had the space/money I'd love an tidy 850 with a fresh coat of paint to potter about with. :)

Cor me too Ol...  :P :P :P - I watched an old 865 get sold and moved at my local dealers the other week... she had a HUGE bit of rust on the main upright of the frame... not sure if she will see another harvest....  :'(

Well... we had to have the doctor out to frankie today.... I went for a little 'cruise' around the industrial estate... and found a stream of oil carefully mapping out my exact course  :o :o :o :o

Quick inspection located it pi... streaming out of the backend... somewhere behind the offside rear wheel... a quick call to my friendly local dealers.. and 30 minutes later a fitter was on-site...

Fearing the worst.. I went in for a cup of tea and a slice of cake...

Turns out it was just a pipe that came loose... phew... well... lets face it... it couldn't be anything serious now could it...

Must admit.. I thought I'd broke her in half... lifted 2t of carrots on the front.. with a 3t baler on the back  :-[

:D :D :D Surprise Surprise that is soo bloody funny I have fallen off my chair  :D :D

How many hours work has that heap got through before oil started spewing out of her  ???

CLASSIC :-*:-*

Agreed Ol... no need for that on a friendly farmtoys forum  >:(:D :D :D

I did evaluate a Ford when I made my decision to buy a tractor... but I didn't think I would be able to keep up with the payments for engine oil  :-\

Unfortunately for you  ;) you cannot buy a new Ford tractor these days  :-*

I expect you meant New Holland I guess you numpty  :-*

Honestly... yep.... I think it's measured in 'nano-seconds'  :D :D

I'd be better off with a fastrac really.. but I've not got the money to buy and run one of those.. so I guess I did evaluate other brands... a little... if I had the money I genuinely think I would have bought a fastrac... then again.. perhaps a 6445 with a 50k box would do  ;D:D :D :D