The adventures of Marky and Frankie the MF5445 - Born on 09.05.2008

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small world, Very good frend of mine works for danarbon in that yard, just spoke to him on the phone, said I am looking a some pics of your yard on the forum  he laughed and said thats prob the bloke with the little massy Knew how you were straight away :D. My frend did drive that loader but now I think he is a bit more of a yard manager, his names Mat you must have crossed paths at some stage ::)

Small world, Very good frend of mine works for danarbon in that yard, just spoke to him on the phone, said I am looking a some pics of your yard on the forum  he laughed and said thats prob the bloke with the little massy Knew how you were straight away :D. My frend did drive that loader but now I think he is a bit more of a yard manager, his names Mat you must have crossed paths at some stage ::)

Well I never.... yes indeed... I met Mat for the first time a few weeks ago... he's a 'big cheese' on ther composting I believe  :)

Small world indeed... so where do you hail from buddy ???

well i wouldn't say much bigger, 10 HP  :D :D

More than that... mine is a Tier II... so it's only 90hp... with no transport boost either  :'(

Been up there again today... took the 'big guns' this time... my mates Bunning trailer... I mamaged to get 9T on that one... my Bailey only holds 7.5t as it's so fluffy (the stuff... not my trailer)

And... what should I find broken down along the service road...  ;D

IMAG0172.jpg

He was towing a half loaded 8t Gull grain trailer (with compost)... I guess it must have overheated  ;D:D :D :D - made my day that I can tell you...

Different machine today... toe tip bucket this time...

IMAG0176.jpg

After tipping and shifting this lot on my mates allotment... it was on to the carrot growers to drop the trailer off... I loaded this lot on it while I was there as well...

IMAG0177.jpg

Ooooo such a fun day  :-*:-* :-*

Makes for a great read this topic and some fantastic working photographs in here Mark, don't think I could do quite the same with what I do for a living would make for a rather tedious thread, unless the Co - op find an excuse to transfer me to one of their farms. :)

Makes for a great read this topic and some fantastic working photographs in here Mark, don't think I could do quite the same with what I do for a living would make for a rather tedious thread, unless the Co - op find an excuse to transfer me to one of their farms. :)

:D :D - thanks David... We'll my real day job is equally as boring... sat in an office counting veg  :-[:-\ :D :D - thank heavens for 'light relief' hey  :D :D

:D :D - actully... to even up the balance... I must 'fess up' .... yesterday I was on my way to the carrot growers and I drove past an MF362 on the main A142... with cones around it and a big puddle of oil on the floor.... on the way back he had just got going again... so I guess it can't have been too serious...

Ying and yang and all that....  :D :D

Obviously... I FORGOT to mention that  :-[;D .. like you do  :D :D :D

:D :D - thanks David... We'll my real day job is equally as boring... sat in an office counting veg  :-[:-\ :D :D - thank heavens for 'light relief' hey  :D :D

Precisely why a day out in the fresh air of a ploughing match with the camera was essential today. :)Tommorow i'll be sat in the office working out the store's "Key Performance Indicators," weekly budgets and must stock 500 lines brief to send to my Area Manager ( I love it really  ;) ) Staff reviews will keep me very entertained too. :)

Yer, mat is a very good mate of mine, He was my best man at my first wedding, and would have been at my second, but I was told that would be bad form :-[:D. He loves a bit of compost ;D

They have just ordered a fendt 936 or the next hp down  with a new dopshtad (spelling) compost turner :o as the 6900 just couldn't cope with it ;D

I live in Norwich mate

Ah I see... the loader driver told me it was a 926... and he said they had two coming  :-\ - maybe I wasn't listening properly... when he said it wouldn't be red I switched off  :D :D :D

Norwich... not far up the road then... If you are ever over this way... do call in for a cuppa and a VERY boring lecture on Massey Ferguson  :D :D

Ah I see... the loader driver told me it was a 926... and he said they had two coming  :-\ - maybe I wasn't listening properly... when he said it wouldn't be red I switched off  :D :D :D

Norwich... not far up the road then... If you are ever over this way... do call in for a cuppa and a VERY boring lecture on Massey Ferguson  :D :D

Great coffee though............

Better bring your own biscuits Dave........  :'( :'( :'( ;D ;D

1x fendt, they ordered it a few weeks ago, Down your way now and again to see mat, sounds like I may have to get some buiscuits in tho ;D

:D :D :D - cheeky bugger Jez  :D :D

I like Jaffa Cakes... HINT HINT  :-*

nice to be out and about a marky nice pics buy the way mate

thanks Stevie... it was a glorious day as well... Life just don't get any better than driving along in the sunshine really... not too hot... not too cold... fresh air... er.... fags  :D :D :D

Got some more frsh air today... doing a bit more waste baling out near Saffron Walden, Essex.... 1 hour 15 mins away on the tractor to be precise....

just a few pics...

They were loading the trailers with fertiliser... so we tooks the sacks away as they emptied them... you can't get fresher than that now can you  :D :D :D

IMAG0185.jpg

Not too many sacks this time...

IMAG0186.jpg

We were lucky enough to be able to use this 14t Marston (so we didn't have to keep bending down to pick up the cans)...

IMAG0184.jpg

We tipped it slightly so the cans ran down hill... I got inside to 'help them out' with my boots... made for a much easier job I will say  :o

IMAG0178.jpg

We did 2 full trailers full like that... only 5 bales in total of cans...

These were full of cans as well...

IMAG0179.jpg

view from inside the 'slightly inclined' trailer...

IMAG0181.jpg

Not much of a view looking over the front mind you... ergh... yuck  :P:D :D

IMAG0182.jpg

Looks good Marky  ;)

Not many Masseys where you seem to go  :)

are all the cans spray cans ???

thanks Cerin.. all those are mate yes... difficult to bale as well  :'( - Plastic has a 'memory' - when you compress it... it wants to spring back into it's old shape again  :-\

NOT enough Masseys.. I made their driver sit in Frankie... he said he liked it better than the deeere (although I think he was just being polite really)  ;D